23 Blessings God wants you to especially have.

One from each of the band of 13, 13 = (Jesus and each Apostle). One from each Law written by His own finger. 13 + 10 = 23. Is God motivated to fight for me ? If I persistently ask God, will He motivate me:
to seek Him with my whole heart: and fight for His Honour while He trains me how to?

“In rescuing the children of promise from the oppressive power of Satan, Christ was to show that notwithstanding the unchangeable attributes of God, sinners who have insulted God may be taken back to his favor, if they return to their loyalty, and yet his honor be kept without a mar. It would be made manifest that truth and justice are the habitation of his throne, and the law of Jehovah would be magnified. {YI, April 15, 1897 par. 11}

There was not an angel but desired to look into the mystery of man's redemption, through all the difficulties which seemed to surround it. All heaven saw the great and wonderful plan, so large as to compass the whole earth, and so deeply laid that the strength of satanic agencies could not prevail against it. {YI, April 15, 1897 par. 12}

The mind may speculate upon this, and fail to comprehend it; for the great matter to be decided in the conflict was not merely between God and man; every creature that God had created was involved in the conflict. The unfallen worlds saw that the character of God could be vindicated only through this trial and conflict of the two forces. The attributes of God must be made to appear. Of the stability of his government there must be no question. And the Son of God himself proposed to carry forward the work to the end, to gain the victory over the prince of darkness and over all his allies. "Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me; for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." Mrs. E. G. White. “

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 & 6:1
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1 ¶ We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
John 5:21-30
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 6 :43-63
43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 ¶ Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Colossians 1:25 - 27
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

23 Blessings God wants you to especially have. One from each of the band of 13, Jesus and each Apostle and one from each Law written by His own finger.
13 + 10 = 23
List of Apostles & the replacement for Judas (Matthias).

Matthew 10:
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

Mark: 3:
16 And Simon he surnamed Peter;
17 And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:
18 And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
19 And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

Luke 6:
13 And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
14 Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew,
15 Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,
16 And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Acts 1:
13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Looking at each disciple / Apostle’s life & comparing and contrasting with Scripture, what were they individually like as people ? What were their faults, failings, weaknesses, and what were the sins that easily beset them ? What did they obtain from God to remove their sins, weaknesses, flaws and to take their place in their characters and lives ?

Cross reference Matthew chapters 5 - 7 (Sermon on the Mount ) Then look at each of the Ten Commandments. What helped them will help me, what helped them will help you. Their hope can become your hope, their hope can become my hope, their mission can be rekindled within us anew.

Applying the 4 steps to our individual needs will do for us, what it did for them. Look at the other Bible characters. Which ones have your problems ? What helped them? Which ones do you wish you were like ? How did they get that way? What worked for them will work for you.

Exodus 20:
Commandment # -1
1 ¶ And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(What is involved here?)Example: Cross reference Bible and use SOP books MB, MH, CC, LHU, MYP, PP, PK, 2SM, 3T- ch 28 & 31, 4T- ch 62, 6Tp- 9-30 to find out, look up Scripture references in the back of each book. Use 3-4 Volume SOP Indexes as Scripture references to locate SOP explanations.
(What conditional blessings are here ?)
(Use the 4 steps to obtaining God’s blessings - to obtain the blessings specific to these Bible Texts.)

Commandment # -2
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(What is involved here?)
(Use the 4 steps to obtaining God’s blessings - to obtain the blessings specific to these Bible Texts.)

Commandment # -3
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -4
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -5
12 ¶ Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -6
13 Thou shalt not kill.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -7
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -8

15 Thou shalt not steal.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -9
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
(What is involved here?)

Commandment # -10
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
(What is involved here?)

Getting God’s Blessings 4 - Steps

When life is overwhelming and circumstances hem me in and overpower me, when my own weakness’s trip me up and make me fail. When I feel the need of help, does God have a blessing for me ? How do I get that blessing that brings the help for that day? There is Divine science in obtaining blessings from God. They involve four basic things to go from a theory of a blessing to actually getting that blessing.

"A handout called “Is Heaven Available to Me What hope has God put within my reach?” is available ask to get a copy. Not all issues are discussed, just some introductory ones. The Bible is God's declaration and clarification and solution to all human issues. " This is a foretaste of the benefits in the handout. The Bible verses are included there. Human responses and God’s responses are in bold type. The 4 steps are not in that handout.

:If rules scare you when you consider your human weaknesses.

:When life over powers you and hopelessness chains you in unbreakable circumstances, you are trapped forever as long as you are on your own.

(He called her a dog) Matthew 15:21-28 (notice verses 21 & 26) Jesus walked over one hundred miles round trip to reach her. She was helpless, He is not, she was imprisoned by circumstances, He has the keys to the prison doors of circumstances, she is powerless except for faith. He has no limits upon the power and authority to save and reaches her hand of faith before He ever starts walking to rescue her. He determines to save her and her daughter from their prison of idolatry and circumstances, as well as rescue His disciples from the prison of their cultivated prejudices. The best solution is to give herself and her problems to Jesus. He heard her prayers before she prayed and set her free.

:When you think nobody wants you and no one accepts you, even your lifestyle gets changed into trying to hide because you are on your own.

:When pride has ruined your spirit, and your past makes you ashamed because your reputation is difficult to cleanse on your own.

:When your discouragement is so longstanding you can not find your way on your own.

:When quiet conviction is growing and you yearn to find more, but feel on your own, unsure how to search.

:When your past life is best kept hidden, what does Jesus do for you, and in you to help you?

:When people do bad things, terrifying things to you, and on your own you are too afraid to go on.

My I have your permission to teach you how to ask God for a blessing in your behalf in a very old fashioned Biblical way and receive it in His own time ? Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to share this in your behalf. I need to show you the steps to do what the Bible says also, that will make that blessing available to you. If I may I would like to give you an example, and use myself as an example, because Jesus Christ used a lot of examples when He taught and His teaching methods are the best. Would you agree ?

Here is an example of a desired blessing : I want Jesus Christ Himself to take my name upon His lips & raise His scared hands and confess me unto His Father and before His holy angels and enlist the powers of Heaven in my behalf, to accelerate and sweeten His training me to be at His side in Heaven. To have His peace within me on Earth.

Here are the needed conditions I meet in order to open the door to His Divine promise to me to receive His blessings .

Step -1. Information - I have to know that such a blessing exists and that God wants me to have it. Bible study and cross referencing is my tool to get this information. Here is Bible information.

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Step - 2. Conviction - I must spiritually decide within myself that Jesus is the only Saviour who rescues me from my personal helplessness, my personal sins, my personal unlikeness to Him. He will not overwhelm me, He will only lead me as fast as I are willing to go. He intends and is able to rebuild me and my present into likeness to Him, and freed from the bondage of the past into a new present and a secure future. I must decide to trust Him.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The unfailing trend of Jesus’s life and teachings and dealings with anyone who sought to follow Him and receive blessings from Him. Where is the Bible record of those trends of His life that convicts you that Jesus is trustworthy? The books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Hebrews( Mark 9:17 - 29 notice verse 23 &24)- Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Step - 3. Desire - You must desire God and His blessing you seek with all your heart. It must be more important than any secular interest you have. The Bible qualification on desire. Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Pray to obtain righteous desires for God’s blessings.

Step - 4. Action - In the Bible true faith in God, always acts upon His promises and blessings and teachings before there fulfilment is visible.

(Psalms 37:3-5) Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

James 2:14-26 (Notice verses 17,18,26) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 1: 21-25 (notice verses 21 ) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

I have saved the most needed for last. Every day or when I wake up to start my day. Asking Jesus right then, at that moment to be my personal Saviour and renew my pledge of commitment to Him at that time ? I am still the Pearl of great Price Jesus Christ sold Himself to obtain. His love for me is undiminished. He gives me the right to come to Him .

Now with all those steps in mind there is one last thing contained within the words that promise the blessing I seek.

In the texts with the blessing sought, are the conditions to receive the blessing.

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

This is how the my blessing begins now. I accept Him as my personal Saviour to start my day & pray and study the Bible.

Today, I tell the others that I meet, how Jesus has entered my life and started my living by faith and given me a new life of Scriptural obedience abiding in Jesus, what Jesus has done and what Jesus means to me; and how they can have it too, if possible I pray with them and then I leave the results with Jesus and go tell someone else. Whoever’s name God puts on my heart.

God will put people & me together as often as I ask Him to. I share what I have learned from the Bible. The blessing begins for me the moment I begin for Him. The results and working of this blessing are designed to continue as long as God lives, and as long as I keep it’s requirements, it continues to bless. I now realize that I am more precious to God than His Own life.

Now you know my secret: that is how I do it. Now you can do it too. What blessings do you seek? Cross reference study the Bible & ask God to teach you how to have the blessings you seek using the 4 steps I have taught you.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Edward F Sutton ]