The book CME is not only an explanation of what God calls Medical Missionary work, but His mandate enjoining it upon all SDA’s what ever their walk of life. It will be one of their major points of salvation or damnation to learn and practice Medical Missionary Work or refuse to learn it and deny it’s claims upon them and their obligations in behalf of others through it. It is the Golden Rule set into practical action according to the Book of James & 1st John chapter 3, where it speaks regarding the needs of the body and of the spiritual welfare in the persons of others. Scripture shows that among those who assume they are going to Heaven, at the Second Coming hear themselves mandated saved or lost in regards to their being filled with the compassion and spirit of the Golden Rule and having acted upon it, or having been barren of that spirit and acted for themselves only. To those who entered into the Golden Rule and were captivated and impelled by their free choice to do unto others as they would have wanted those others to do for them if their positions were reversed, the Agape love of the Golden Rule has fitted them for Heaven. Those who while religious have denied individually receiving this Agape love that actually acts out it’s sentiments according to the needs of other people, is what fits them for Hell Fire in the Lake of Fire. It is seen in Scripture as the main focal point of their sentence of damnation. Some will say “Mark of the Beast, Mark of the Beast”. Yes for the last generation that is true. But consider, how you keep the Sabbath or not, while you profess to serve God - is how you are treating Him were your positions reversed . You are a professed Sabbath keeper, yet if in spirit and truth deny the claims of the Sabbath you show your true attitude toward the Author and Lord of the Sabbath. The religious people who learn the Three Angels Messages as truth swells into a loud cry and still deny it, will be condemned unto damnation by the Golden Rule through the mandates of the Sabbath Commandment. The Golden Rule operates through all of the Ten Commandments.

Learning what Medical Missionary Work is in it’s simplicity and practicing it, may create in some of these afore mentioned people an entering in for themselves into the life that is empowered and driven by the Golden Rule. This Agape Love through the compound interest of time and repeated practice transform their lives into genuine Christianity and save them from the fate they were hurdling toward. In Heaven as they go over the books they will be caused to see that it was your efforts whether humble and simple or complex and grand, that built in them the actual union with Jesus Christ that enabled Him to save them at last.
1 Samuel 3:19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground

Ezekiel 33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Psalms 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. .

What is MMW ?

It is Christ's methods of working with others.

It is the Golden Rule set in action to fulfil the teachings shown by the life of Jesus and what He teaches.

It is the Agape experience of John chapter 17 & the book of James.

it is also described here.

" Salt must be mingled with the substance to which it is added; it must penetrate and infuse in order to preserve. So it is through personal contact and association that men are reached by the saving power of the gospel. They are not saved in masses, but as individuals. Personal influence is a power. We must come close to those whom we desire to benefit.--Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing, p. 59. {ChS 119.1}

Jesus saw in every soul one to whom must be given the call to His kingdom. He reached the hearts of the people by going among them as one who desired their good. He sought them in the public streets, in private houses, on the boats, in the synagogue, by the shores of the lake, and at the marriage feast. He met them at their daily vocations, and manifested an interest in their secular affairs. He carried His instruction into the household, bringing families in their own homes under the influence of His divine presence. His strong personal sympathy helped to win hearts.--The Desire of Ages, p. 151. {ChS 119.2}

Christ's method alone will give true success in reaching the people. The Saviour mingled with men as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs, and won their confidence. Then He bade them, "Follow Me."--The Ministry of Healing, p. 143. {ChS 119.3}

We should do as Christ did. Wherever He was, in the synagogue, by the wayside, in the boat thrust out a little from the land, at the Pharisee's feast or the table of the publican, He spoke to men of the things pertaining to the higher life. The things of nature, the events of daily life, were bound up by Him with the words of truth. The hearts of His hearers were drawn to Him; for He had healed their sick, had comforted their sorrowing ones, and had taken their children in His arms and blessed them. When He opened His lips to speak, their attention was riveted upon Him, and every word was to some soul a savor of life unto life. {ChS 119.4}

So it should be with us. Wherever we are, we should watch for opportunities of speaking to others of the Saviour. If we follow Christ's example in doing good, hearts will open to us as they did to Him. Not abruptly, but with tact born of divine love, we can tell them of Him who is the "chiefest among ten thousand," and the One "altogether lovely." This is the very highest work in which we can employ the talent of speech. It was given to us that we might present Christ as the sin-pardoning Saviour.--Christ's Object Lessons, pp. 338, 339. {ChS 119.5}

His presence brought a purer atmosphere into the home, and His life was as leaven working amid the elements of society. Harmless and undefiled, He walked among the thoughtless, the rude, the uncourteous; amid the unjust publicans, the reckless prodigals, the unrighteous Samaritans, the heathen soldiers, the rough peasants, and the mixed multitude. He spoke a word of sympathy here and a word there, as He saw men weary, yet compelled to bear heavy burdens. He shared their burdens, and repeated to them the lessons He had learned from nature, of the love, the kindness, the goodness of God. {ChS 120.1}

He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless, and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. --The Desire of Ages, p. 91. {ChS 120.2}

What is MMW to you ? MMW = Medical Missionary Work.

Useing what you presently know and adding to it as you can.

MMW is to you learning from Jesus and giving what you have learned to others, following His 5 principles in their order given.

(1.) "The Saviour mingled with men as one who desired their good." You mingle among them as one who desires their good - BECAUSE - you have drank today of the Agape gift of Jesus - told you in John ch 17 AND by faith you DO desire good for others whether you feel it yet or not. Your sins and weaknesses not withstanding, you have found in Jesus, from Jesus the Agape experience to consider the needs of others and drink HIS compassion to supply your lack of living water within you. Because He cares and you act in faith by reaching out, whether you initially cared or not; soon you genuinely experience HIS care for them becoming YOUR care toward them.

(2.) "He showed His sympathy for them, Because Agape has now by faith taken action beliving the words of Jesus, you really do have qenuine sympathy for others that can not be hidden and unconsciously shows in all you do and say. Others pick that up and pay attention to it, whether they tell you or not. The more others can see that kind of sympathy that costs you, costs you time, effort, resources, a real heart concern and heart burden for them; a real effort in their behalf - the more the Agape love of God is able to cause a responce within them and you. He ministers to you both. This kind of second mile sympathy is contagious.

(3.)"ministered to their needs, The book of James talks about the love of God dwelling in a person or not. The Bible gives a barometer that tells how you love or hate God as far as your relation toward other people is concerned.

James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
14 ¶ What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

1st John 3:14
¶ We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Jesus taught in parables things much bigger and grander that just these stories themselves. Read with me in COL ( Christ's Object Lessons)

"The sanctification of the soul by the working of the Holy Spirit is the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity. Gospel religion is Christ in the life--a living, active principle. It is the grace of Christ revealed in character and wrought out in good works. The principles of the gospel cannot be disconnected from any department of practical life. Every line of Christian experience and labor is to be a representation of the life of Christ. {COL 384.1}

Love is the basis of godliness. Whatever the profession, no man has pure love to God unless he has unselfish love for his brother. But we can never come into possession of this spirit by trying to love others. What is needed is the love of Christ in the heart. When self is merged in Christ, love springs forth spontaneously. The completeness of Christian character is attained when the impulse to help and bless others springs constantly from within--when the sunshine of heaven fills the heart and is revealed in the countenance. {COL 384.2}

It is not possible for the heart in which Christ abides to be destitute of love. If we love God because He first loved us, we shall love all for whom Christ died. We cannot come in touch with divinity without coming in touch with humanity; for in Him who sits upon the throne of the universe, divinity and humanity are combined. Connected with Christ, we are connected with our fellow men by the golden links of the chain of love. Then the pity and compassion of Christ will be manifest in our life. We shall not wait to have the needy and unfortunate brought to us. We shall not need to be entreated to feel for the woes of others. It will be as natural for us to minister to the needy and suffering as it was for Christ to go about doing good. {COL 384.3}

(4.) "and won their confidence. When you act toward others like Jesus teaches, His Spirit moves them to have confidence that God is leading you and they ought pay attention. You learn how to obtain the Agape desire for other's good, you learn how to prepare yourself to better show that sympathy for others, how to better findout what their needs are and minister to those needs, and awaken in them the need for Jesus in their lives, and following Him more fully from broader understanding of Scripture if He is already there in their lives.

(5.)"Then He bade them, "Follow MeThese five steps are designed by God to lead them to this. Learning abour Jesus, surrendering to Him and takeing Him as their Saviour and lord and following Him to observe all that He has commanded and taught.

This is what the whole process was built to achive. The wisdom and love of God has designed MMW (Medical Missionary Work) to fit where you are and grow with you. Use what you know, use what you have. Draw others to your Saviour .

MMW equals the Golden Rule in action what ever your stage of growth or knowledge or skill.

Look again at Scripture's picture of the Second Coming with new eyes.

Matthew 7:
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 25:
31 ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Love demands that love shall grow and develop to perfection of it's designed maturity right here on Earth before Jesus returns. MMW (Medical Missionary Work) is that Agape love in action.

Those of you that have EGW CD ROM Disks - look up "Medical Missionary Work is" or if patient to eat the fullest feast available just type in ""Medical Missionary Work" then copy into your word processor software and read not only the quotes but the context also.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Edward F Sutton ]