HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What Do You Eat? #38068
04/11/01 05:21 PM
04/11/01 05:21 PM
D
DrD  Offline
USA
Linda

I am sorry you became offended at a discussion of the type of food that forum members eat. I rather hope you are not of the opinion that all members of the Seventh-day Adventist church are convicted in the manner you are regarding diet.

If this area of the forum is limited to discussion as you described, than it is obvious that my comments and beliefs are not appropriate here, and I will not visit it again.

It is interesting, however, that it is appropriate to "flaunt" "sinless" vegetarian diet lifestyles, but when someone else indicates that such is not the only lifestyle available to members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, it is not appropriate. Nowhere in the 27 fundamental beliefs do I find any statement as you set forth in your post, nor do I find it in the baptismal vows. I don't find it in scripture either. You may interpret certain scriptures that way, and I may not. God is leading in my life too.

God bless you in your travel along this life's pathway, and I guess we can request Jesus for an interpretation when we meet at the River of Life, if anyone still cares.

I hope that you live many more years than I do. But when I compare those years to eternity, it is difficult to compute a percentage of additional longevity.

------------------
And the second is like it . . .

Re: What Do You Eat? #38069
04/12/01 03:24 AM
04/12/01 03:24 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
DrD,

First, I was not offended by what you or "me again" wrote. As a moderator of the Healthy Diet and Recipes Forum, I, like the other moderators, have a responsibility to keep the topics close to what that forum is about. That is why people occasionally find topics moved to other locations. It has nothing to do with whether or not I am offended. I considered moving the topic to a different forum, but chose to leave it here, hoping to channel into a more productive conversation more in keeping with the theme of this particular forum.

I moderate this forum because it is a favorite subject of mine. I enjoy cooking and I enjoy eating. No, I do not believe that all Seventh-day Adventists are convicted on eating a vegetarian diet. I know quite a number of them who don't. And guess what? I don't preach to them about diet either. If they come to me with questions, I try to answer as truthfully as I can. When I have an opportunity to promote a healthy vegetarian diet, I do. But I've observed that people don't respond very well when they are choking on what people are trying to cram down their throat.

But if I may ask, were you offended by what I wrote? The following sentences quoted from your last post seen to indicate that to me. But of course, I could be wrong. Words, without body language and voice inflection, do not always properly convey what one really means.

It is interesting, however, that it is appropriate to "flaunt" "sinless" vegetarian diet lifestyles, but when someone else indicates that such is not the only lifestyle available to members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, it is not appropriate. Nowhere in the 27 fundamental beliefs do I find any statement as you set forth in your post, nor do I find it in the baptismal vows. I don't find it in scripture either. You may interpret certain scriptures that way, and I may not. God is leading in my life too.

I find this statement of yours interesting. But another question first. What do you mean about the 27 fundamental doctrines not containing any statement as I set forth in my post or in the baptismal vows? As I recall, they both contain a reference to the body being the temple of the Holy Spirit. But sir, is not our faith based upon the Bible? The whole Bible? Is our faith limited to 27 doctrines, no more, no less? If something is not spelled out specifically in the 27, is it therefore invalid?

"Flaunt" a "sinless" vegetarian diet lifestyle? Am I correct in assuming that a "vegetarian diet lifestyle" seems to be distasteful to you? If you choose to eat meat, following the lists of clean animals (you stated that you don't eat pork so I assume that you eat only clean meats), I wouldn't call that a sin. I have, however, met some health fanatics who would.

If you will more closely read my post, I think you will find that I did not say that those who eat meat are sinners. I said that those who abuse their bodies by eating an unhealthy diet are sinning. A person can never touch a piece of meat, and still be abusing their bodies with an unhealthy diet. I remember a letter written by a teen to the magazine Vegetarian Times calling herself a vegetarian junk food junkie. She certainly wasn't eating a healthy diet and knew it!

God was gracious is sending us the health message through the inspiration of Ellen White. We would all benefit by following that counsel, but no one, not even God, will force us to. I could offer quote after quote from the SOP on the question of vegetarianism, healthy diet, appetite, and meat eating, but I won't.

A couple of texts come to mind that pertain to appetite:

Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. 1 Corinthians 6:13

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. Philippians 3:19

And finally one quote that has stuck with me:
Greater reforms should be seen among the people who claim to be looking for the soon appearing of Christ. Health reform is to do among our people a work which it has not yet done. There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating, who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, and spiritual health. Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people, to walk no more with them. {CH 575.2}

A solemn statement and one that deserves some serious consideration.

------------------
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Linda

Re: What Do You Eat? #38070
04/12/01 11:43 AM
04/12/01 11:43 AM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
quote:
Posted by Linda Sutton:
I was not offended by what you or "me again" wrote.

I too thought you were offended, based upon what you wrote:

quote:
Posted by Linda Sutton:
Gentlemen, this forum is about healthy eating and healthful diet.

This forum is not the place to flaunt the unhealthy diet that one eats.

If anyone is seeking information and help in changing to a healthier diet, that can be found here. It is the reason for this forum.

Please let no one continue this discussion in the track that it is now going in.

Oh well...

Re: What Do You Eat? #38071
04/12/01 12:34 PM
04/12/01 12:34 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Guy's I would assume that Linda is trying to nip any possible bragging about boasting about variations in diet that go 180% degrees away from what her forum is about as far as the type of food eaten.

However it does open up the real question of why do any of us eat what we eat? When we eat ? How much or how little we eat ? Is our food our intentions counted unto us a righteousness, or is it just the thing we do to be the scourge of the carrot world ???

Personally I think that why, when, how much or little we eat & if we lead or mandate is right up there with the what we eat. Who are we pleasing, ourselves alone, ourselves & Satan, or ourselves & God ? Good questions all. Since this is the real issue in eating - to please one of the three groups listed & most folks don't bring this deeper issue up. Why not a thread, "why do we eat & who do we please. I gotta see the dentist in 10 min, so does someone want to start that kind of a thread ??? See ya later with a numbbbbbb mouth, bye .

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: What Do You Eat? #38072
04/12/01 11:36 PM
04/12/01 11:36 PM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
Okay, so what are you chewing on to survive in this fast paced world? Chicken legs? Burritos?

My burritos are vegan -- they have lots of stuff in them.

Re: What Do You Eat? #38073
04/23/01 06:55 PM
04/23/01 06:55 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Wendy,

Do you suppose that the energy boost from kelp is another stimulant like caffeine or perhaps a natural source of caffeine? It could explain your lack of caffeine withdrawal symptoms and increased energy!

There is a fruit in the Amazon region that the natives eat for an energy boost, guaranara (or something like that). Civilization in Brazil has adopted it and makes drinks, soda, suppliments, etc. to help give you an energy boost. Turns out that this natural product of the Amazon jungle is packed with a well recognized stimulant, Caffeine. You don't suppose kelp is the sea's source of caffeine?

Tom

Re: What Do You Eat? #38074
04/23/01 08:21 PM
04/23/01 08:21 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
While we are on the subject of Kelp, I want to note that my doctor recommended it to me because it apparently helps reduce breast cancer. Keeps the tissue from becoming fibrous or something. Anyway, it's definitely good for the ladies! Just an FYI, and yes, I have (finally) begun taking it - if I can remember to!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: What Do You Eat? #38075
04/23/01 09:30 PM
04/23/01 09:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kelp is not a natural source of caffeine.

Methinks you are harassing me.

I used to drink Guarana in Brazil as a child. Maybe that's why my mom....hmmmm.Nah!

Actually it is the high doses of iodine in the kelp that boost the thyroid function. Your thyroid cannot function without appropriate levels of iodine. Our soils are so depleted of minerals that we are probably more deficient than we realize. Also, eating lots of sodium is not beneficial therefore is not a good source of iodine. So, Kelp is the perfect solution. I have a boost because my poor, abused thyroid finally is getting what it needs.

God bless,
Wendy

ps~I'm glad to hear you are trying it Sarah! Think of how healthy Asian people are. What do they eat? Lots of Kelp and Soy. Little or no meat, and no dairy. (Until we corrupted them.)

Re: What Do You Eat? #38076
04/24/01 07:18 PM
04/24/01 07:18 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Wendy,

Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time, for old times sake! Had you started to miss me yet?

Actually, before I posted I did a little research and found that the iodine in the kelp is at least part of the benefit. Skeptic that I am, I question some of the grandeous cure-all claims, but I think I ought to try some myself and get my wife started on it. It could help energy-wise in my big bike ride this summer. I was impressed by your experience with it in kicking the caffeine addiction. About a third of caffeine users apparently don't have any withdrawal symptoms, but for those who do this may be a real benefit.

I was exposed to Guarana a few years ago while in Rio staying with relatives. One person in the household even laced his coffee with the Guarana powder! There was an attempt to import to this area the Guarana soda from Brazil, but it apparently didn't take off because I only saw it for a short time in the grocery store.

Carry on!

Tom

Re: What Do You Eat? #38077
04/24/01 08:49 PM
04/24/01 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom

Hmmm, was I missing you? Hmmm. Hmmmm.

I truly hope that your experience with Kelp will be as much of a blessing as mine. I have lost about 30 pounds now and am down from a size 14 pants(sometimes 16 ) to a size 8-10. Very much more comfortable. I can do so much more now, and it is helping me exercise more. I actually miss Guarana. I saw it on the shelves as well, but it went away toooo quickly.

Always good to hear from you Brother Tom

God bless you,
Wendy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!