HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What Do You Eat? #38058
04/10/01 10:38 PM
04/10/01 10:38 PM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
What Do You Eat?

My daily diet varies, so what I'm eating this month, I'll get sick and tired of and will completely change by next month. Anyways, I'm curious: What do you eat?

Here is a sample of my what I'm on now:

5:30 a.m. -- Stiff cup of black coffee (I am an addict & I know it is unhealthy. Chorus: Hi forum members ! )

8:30 a.m. -- Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice mixed with soy protein isolate, green tea extract, grape seed extract & water soluable fiber.

Noon -- Vegetarian burrito, a plain red potato, vegetarian link sausage.

Dinner -- Soy milk mixed with grape seed extract, red potatos and another vegetarian burrito.

How bout you? What do you survive on? (just curious)

Re: What Do You Eat? #38059
04/10/01 10:44 PM
04/10/01 10:44 PM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
I know I'm going to get hammered about the coffee. I can't quit it. I've tried several times, only resulting in severe headaches that last over three days. Trust me, you've never experienced a headache like this kind (and some kind come not out, except by prayer & fasting -- LOL)

Re: What Do You Eat? #38060
04/11/01 01:59 AM
04/11/01 01:59 AM
D
DrD  Offline
USA
Wow! No wonder you have to change every month!

My menu is not that standard, but it generally goes something like this:

Breakfast - NEVER! Unless I have a morning meeting, then its usually oatmeal with real cream and brown sugar.

Lunch - When there is a meeting - whatever the special is at the restaurant, unless it is pig products. (I get some friendly harassment when the special is of that variety!) When no meeting, whatever is in the refrig - usually some kinda cold sandwich.

Dinner - When there is a meeting - whatever they serve, with the same above reservation. Rotary night - usually at least one or two chicken legs, plus whatever else is on the buffet. No meeting, whatever is left in the refrig, or on a "good" nite, a tv dinner, nuked to perfection.

Sabbath - that's special, last week had angel hair with olive oil and roasted garlic. Sometimes Oriental. Sometimes Mexican. Sometimes just good ole American.

Sabbath evening - whatever is in the refrig, again!

When I travel, a lot of coffee in the morning, (see not everyone will chastise you!) and most often an omlet, with lots of Hollandaise sauce. Lunch, usually a carryin lunch at the church I am visiting, and dinner, if I'm alone, room service at the hotel.

I"ll bet you don't get any other replies close to being similar to this one!!!

Re: What Do You Eat? #38061
04/11/01 02:38 AM
04/11/01 02:38 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Gentlemen, this forum is about healthy eating and healthful diet. Seventh-day Adventists have had a health message for nearly 140 years. Today science is proving that what that little lady, Ellen White, wrote those many years ago was correct.

The Bible says that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, that we are bought with a price, an infinite price. We are not our own. When we mistreat and abuse our bodies through an unhealthy diet, we are sinning against God. (see 1 Cor. 6:19, 20)

This is especially true for whose who are SDA, for they have the benefit of the health message. Some continue to eat meat, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it is full of disease, and causes disease. Some are vegetarian, but they still eat a junk food diet. A vegetarian diet is healthy only if a person chooses to make it healthy.

This forum is not the place to flaunt the unhealthy diet that one eats. If anyone is seeking information and help in changing to a healthier diet, that can be found here. It is the reason for this forum. If you don't see what you want to know, ask a question. We will be glad to help you. But please let no one continue this discussion in the track that it is now going in.

Thank you.

------------------
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Linda

Re: What Do You Eat? #38062
04/11/01 05:53 AM
04/11/01 05:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Me Again!

Just have a tip on how to kick the coffee habit. I was as addicted as you are. To Latte's and Mochas and regular coffee. I tried to quit several times and ended up with headaches that would blind me, make me throw up, and feel like fainting. Well, in my search for thyroid help, I came across Kelp capsules. I started taking them, and as my energy came up I gradually lost the desire and need for coffee. The clincher? I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms! I feel so much better now that I am off of coffee. My energy is incredible and I dropped 23 pounds in 6 weeks. (Not just from the coffee, other factors as well). But my body was so full of toxins from the coffee and other unhealthful foods, that when the kelp started cleansing my system, I lost all the toxins as well as the fluid my body was retaining.
I take 3000mg of Kelp a day in vegetarian capsules and not irradiated. The irradiation destroys the good effects the iodine in the kelp has on your thyroid.

Well, I hope you give it a try. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

God bless,
Wendy

Re: What Do You Eat? #38063
04/11/01 01:34 PM
04/11/01 01:34 PM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
quote:
Posted by Linda Sutton:
Some continue to eat meat, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it is full of disease, and causes disease.

I don't eat meat, although I confess that I do backslide and pig out on it every so often. I usually fall back into daily healthful habits.

quote:
Posted by Linda Sutton:
Some are vegetarian, but they still eat a junk food diet.

You mean I have to give up the bag of chocolate covered M&M peanuts at night (after eating healthy all day)?

(That was a rhetorical question - of course too much candy is unhealthy).

quote:
Posted by Linda Sutton:
This forum is not the place to flaunt the unhealthy diet that one eats.

Actually, I was curious as to what kinds of daily diets that others are eating. Hopefully, people are eating healthy. On a personal level, I eat extremely healthy (probably more healthy than most others). But, maybe I backslide more than others too.

Re: What Do You Eat? #38064
04/11/01 01:44 PM
04/11/01 01:44 PM
M
me again  Offline OP
Posting New Member
USA
quote:
Posted by WendyForsyth:
Just have a tip on how to kick the coffee habit. I was as addicted as you are. I tried to quit several times and ended up with headaches that would blind me.

Yep, you're describing my symptoms. I've been scared to try and quit (again) for fear of the pain returning (again) from the withdrawl symptoms.

quote:
Posted by WendyForsyth:
In my search for help, I came across Kelp capsules. My energy came up. I gradually lost the desire and need for coffee. I feel so much better now that I am off of coffee.

The clincher? I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms! My energy is incredible.

Yes, I have a hunch that ridding the diet of caffeine would give a person greater energy (even though coffee gives a temporary surge of energy).

quote:
Posted by WendyForsyth:
I take 3000 mg of Kelp a day in vegetarian capsules and not irradiated.

I guess I should try it. When I'm at the health store, I'll look for it. You're dose (3000 mgs.) is high --- Guess I'd need a high dose to quit --- I've been addicted for many years.

Thanks for the tip !

Re: What Do You Eat? #38065
04/11/01 02:06 PM
04/11/01 02:06 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones, then.
I drove a truck, and truck drivers live, yeah right, on coffee.
When I embraced the adventist faith, I accepted the health message and quit.

I should mention that I was drinking from 3-6 quarts a day.Depending on where I went and the availability.
The only real problem I had was about 2 months after I quit.
I wanted to lose weight [ Linda forguve me ] so took Dexatrim.
Didn't read the lable, it had caffeine, I spent a week in the hospital, the first 28 hours in the CCU.
I had become allergic to caffeine.
Heart went nuts.
Still does if I drink or eat anything with caffeine in it.
Other than that, no problems.
I think I'll check out the kelp idea and see if it will give me energy.
I'm on a diet now because of my diabetes and overweight, energy level went into the basement.

[This message has been edited by Gerry Buck (edited April 11, 2001).]

Re: What Do You Eat? #38066
04/11/01 02:07 PM
04/11/01 02:07 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Hi guys,

I been there done that. When I get strong cravings for meat, here's what works for me.

I get in the kitchen & make more of my brand of gluten steaks in bulk. I can only guess that the combo of taste, smell, color, toughness (I like nawing on tough food at a time like that), food yeast & possible hot stuff in the recipe seem to satisfy the cravings.

What scares me about my personal reaction if I should return to eating meat. Sabbath breaking. Yup ,Sabbath breaking .

It seems than when I cross bridges spiritually to allow my self to rebel and eat meat, Sabbath breaking & a lot of other things involving my personal appitites start burning bridges inside & acting that out externally.

I guess I am one of those polorized intense folks who does few things half-way.

I see what I eat for me, as a tug of war between my ok limits and natural appetites and worship. For me meat eating seems to be a big no no. The last time I got back into that (early 80's) it was one of the main ways I pulled my family down & me as the front runner. It took six years and a literal "act of God" to get us back. Pushing my own envelope is for me not wise.

1. I got information that convicted me.
2. That conviction created in me, desire to follow that information.
3. That desire I acted out on the strength of that information .
4. That action was in accepting Jesus and His teachings, and that's what made me an Adventist. A strong part of those teachings are dietary subbordination to His authority & teachings on the subject. For me that has been quite a process . I had to travel in stages. Some were very fast, once I found pork & the other unclean is a no no, pork and the unclean went bye bye pronto. Others took lots more time.

The family reaction was portracted & often intense. Pork Chops were high among my pre-SDA favorites. My memory & taste buds did not drown in the baptistry. They had to be step by step brought under subjection to my Master to prepare for baptism, and guess what - I still have to corral them. It is not as strong as it always used to be, but sometimes it is. Especially with pumping iron & craveing protein, but He said follow Him & grow. Some things I get to add as I go, some things I learn to leave behind.

For me I guess I see what I eat & drink as a major part of my personal worship & subordination to Jesus. It ain't always easy to tell myself no, but it's worth it & when I have problems - He's not just an after the fact Saviour when I need His strength before the fact (as well as after the fact.)

For some giving up unclean is mucho tough, for some not.

Only with & by the presence of Jesus in a person are any kind of changes desired, made, and for the spiritually right reasons. There was never a spiritual reason for my giving up any kind of things I did not like. I quit cause I didn't like them.

Lot's of stuff would still taste good, but in the things that are no no's that His information given has revealed, He matters more than the good taste in the eating & drinking of what He said was no no's in His world. He doesn't twist my arm, but He touches my heart.

Battles with caffeine, been there & done that & have to read labels. Since it's a stimulant it hits the entire central nervous system, heart, brain, kidneys, & every where.

To a person with a bad heart it packs a merciless wallop. it can cause tachycardia (uncontrolable much too rapid heart beat which can kill depending on condition & amount of OD levels of caffeine.) it causes the body to extra strongly release it's reserves of adreniline, blood sugar, chemical energy stores, change fat metabolism, and cause the body to go into artificial overdrive and uses up the emergency reserves. Then the levels of chemical stimulation leaves & so are the reserves. Caffeine causes the blood vessels to constrict un naturally, then as it's worst effects die away the blood vessels swell & in the brain cause a "bull goat" head ache. It takes 72 hours to detox & then the headache is gone.

Some folks are able to endure it till it passes, others stairstep down till they can quit all the way. Caffeine is a drug & it is the most available drug that can gateway for some. It ain't fair, but it's the world we live in. When we use it, it grabs us back.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited April 11, 2001).]

Re: What Do You Eat? #38067
04/11/01 04:04 PM
04/11/01 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys!

Glad to hear you are going to try it. It really is a miracle food. The high levels of iodine in the kelp with no sodium do wonders for your thyroid function. If you get a brand that has high amounts of the kelp in each capsule, you don't have to take too many. For 100-175 pounds, you need the 3000. If you are over that, the amount goes up. But don't go by the bottle on some of these. Some will tell you to only take one a day. This is no where near the level you need to get a therapeudic dose. I lost so much fluid, I was able to see the bones in my hands, feet and back, for the first time in 4 years. I can't recommend it enough. Let me know how it goes.

God bless,
Wendy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!