HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H), 3,435 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Is Milk Kosher? #38203
11/01/03 11:11 PM
11/01/03 11:11 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I copied the following from the following web site:

http://www.imageyenation.com/News/Ismilkkosher.html

For easier reading, I am also quoting it below:

quote:

IS MILK KOSHER?

Pig products in commercial Milk. Vitamin D from skin and brains!

By Robert Cohen

"Have you seen the little piggies, crawling in the dirt? And for all the little piggies, life is getting worse." -- George Harrison, The Beatles. 1968

Observant Jews, Muslims, and vegetarians eat no pig, or so they believe. The information in this column is going to provide one very sad surprise for those who drink milk.

At one time, Vitamin D-2 was added to milk. Vitamin D-2 is manufactured by exposing bacteria and algae to ultra-violet light. D-2 imparted a bitter taste to dairy products, and so was replaced by vitamin D-3. The source of Vitamin D-3 may now leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

I recently attempted to learn the source of Vitamin D-3 by calling dairy processors. I called the United States Department of Agriculture. I called my own New Jersey State Department of Agriculture. I called dairy industry professors and editors of dairy magazines.

Not one individual could give me the answer.

Finally, I learned about an industry conference called the Vitamin D workshop. Anthony Norman Norman@ucrac1.ucr.edu responded to my inquiry:

"Basically D-3 always is derived from an animal. The sunlight reaction that converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to vitamin D-3 is a 'pure' chemical reaction that occurs in your skin in certain cells."

Do they extract D-3 from human skin and add that substance to milk? Certainly not.

Marian Herbert of the Vitamin D Workshop, a division of the biochemistry department at the University of California, wrote:

"The provitamin known as 7-dehydrocholesterol is extracted and isolated from the skins of mammals and purified."

I have subsequently learned that Vitamin D-3 can come from four different sources:

Pig skin, sheep skin, raw fish liver, and pig brains. Most of the time, Vitamin D-3 is extracted from pig skin and sold to dairy processors.

Folks...Those who keep Kosher do so by observing the dietary laws set down in the Bible.

In EXODUS 23:19 we read:

"You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk."
Dairy and meat do not mix. That is a taboo in the homes of many Americans.

Today you learn that this biblical and social "abomination" is routinely disrespected by 21st century milk producers.

If you drink milk, you consume extracts from animals.

In kindergarten and first grade, children learn that Vitamin D is the "Sunshine Vitamin." We soon forget our lessons, and subordinate our knowledge to dairy industry brainwashing. Some secrets are well kept. The Vitamin D-3 secret can now be told.

Spread the news!

Robert Cohen author of: MILK - The Deadly Poison
(201-871-5871)
Executive Director
Dairy Education Board
http://www.notmilk.com

They said to spread the news, therefore, I am spreading the news!

Does anybody know anything more about this?

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38204
11/02/03 07:29 AM
11/02/03 07:29 AM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
If you use dairy I think that you can avoid this by purchasing from a small, organic dairy farmer. Or maybe by milking your own cow? Hmmmmm. Jersey's are cute. [Smile]

wf

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38205
11/02/03 08:24 AM
11/02/03 08:24 AM
Alpendave  Offline
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
Lets hope that with the organic dairy farmers it not just a question of how there milk is produced. If they fortify it with Vit D, lets hope it's the good stuff. The same can be said of Soy milk. Where do they get there Vit D and B12?

"Jersey's are cute." LOL

Dave

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38206
11/02/03 09:19 AM
11/02/03 09:19 AM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
Exactly Dave. I just figured that you could get a pretty direct answer from a smaller farmer.

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38207
11/02/03 03:52 PM
11/02/03 03:52 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
We live near a pig farm - down wind in fact. The air is verily polluted with dust laced with pig organisms. Breathing this air is equivalent to eating pork, right? Am I thus guilty of violating the levitical dietary laws? Or where do I draw the line?

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38208
11/02/03 03:55 PM
11/02/03 03:55 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Interesting thought, Dave, about what could also be in the soy milk, unless, of course, you are using So Good which is our church produced soy milk originating from Australia.

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38209
11/03/03 05:36 PM
11/03/03 05:36 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Amazing that Vitamin-D3 replace D2 because of the taste? I drink Soy Nice milk and it has Vitamin D2 and you can'tell at all. Interesting that this is added when we look at all the diseases you find in meats today.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38210
11/11/03 08:29 PM
11/11/03 08:29 PM
Alpendave  Offline
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
Country Crock's Shed Spread that is fortified with calcium and vitamins uses Vit D-3. The plain one doesn't have Vit D added.

Dave

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38211
11/13/03 10:47 PM
11/13/03 10:47 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
There are 2 types of 'butter' that we use and one of them is from Olive Oil, and the other is from soy bean, and they are not bad at all. In a nutshell milk is definitely not kosher..crazy times.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Is Milk Kosher? #38212
12/06/03 06:15 AM
12/06/03 06:15 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Check out the ingredients in Canadian cow milk and I see a difference from that in the USA, there is no vitamin D-3 here in our Canadian milk. Yes there is vitamin D check out my source at http://www.dairyland-ca.com/faq.htm
There are questions and answers there about dairy products in Canada. The following refers to vitamin D in our milk.

"Q: What is the source of Vitamin A and Vitamin D in milk?

A: Both vitamins A and D are from a synthetic source ( non-animal ): Vitamin A is from lemon grass oil and Vitamin D is derived from lanolin extracted from sheep's wool. It is Federal Government legislation that these vitamins are added to milk. These vitamins help promote bone and tooth development; vitamin A promotes good night vision and maintains the health of the skin and membranes."

For years I have understood that our Canadian food regulations have been different (better ?) than those in the USA, especially when it comes to animal products such as Meat, Eggs and dairy.
How long will we hold off on changing our diets when the foods around us are "POISON"! Aspertame is in almost everything that is sweet, and it is a POISON!
1 bottle of Soda POP is a chemical cocktail that has been studied to be worse for a human than 1 bottle of beer! Yikes, and how many of us have no problem chugging down a Root Beer or Mountain Dew? [Reading]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!