HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41752
07/18/01 06:02 PM
07/18/01 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

So, does anyone besides me think that Satan is on the move?

----------------------

At least 15 people contacted police to report seeing strange lights in the New Jersey sky over the weekend. (ABCNEWS.com) Strange Lights
'I Think We Witnessed Some Type of Miracle'

C A R T E R E T, N.J., July 17 — Something dazzled the people of New Jersey this weekend. Something bright, high in the sky.

"It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen," said eyewitness Joe Malvasio. "They were just hovering, and then they just disappeared. One at a time, each one started to fade until they were gone."
Some witnesses thought the phenomenon may have been a sign of an alien presence. Others called it a miracle. But no one knows just what it was — all they can do is attempt to describe it.

"I saw 16 golden-orange colored lights, several in a V-type formation," said Lt. Daniel Tarrant of the Carteret Police Department. "Others were scattered around the V."

At Least 15 Report Lights to Police

At least 15 people contacted Tarrant's department to report the strange lights. But Tarrant and other police officials are at a loss to explain just what it was hovering in their skies.

Most callers described the same scenario: golden-orange lights moving quietly, some say beautifully, across the night sky over the Arthur Kill river. They described how the lights flickered and how they seemed to vanish into the night, one-by-one.

Some drivers even pulled off the New Jersey Turnpike for a better look.

But even more amazing is the explanation: there is none, not as of yet.

According to the Associated Press, nearby Newark Airport reported no unusual flight patterns, and a National Weather Service meteorologist could find nothing in the weather to explain the lights.

Peaceful, Easy Feeling

"It's really amazing," said Veronica Bagley, whose family captured the lights on video.

Paulette Holmes said whatever it was, she was unafraid.

"I wasn't alarmed because it was peaceful," she said.

Patty Ercallino, another witness, took it a step further.

"Very peaceful, very serene, very beautiful," she said. "I think we witnessed some type of miracle."

ABC station WABC in New York contributed to this report.

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41753
07/19/01 12:47 AM
07/19/01 12:47 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Wendy, I've been following topics like this on the internet for the past couple years. These sightings are getting so frequent now that TV cameramen are taking pictures of them in broad daylight! - as they did in Mexico City.

Of course, satan's agenda seems to be to get the whole world involved in ET and space travel. I've been wondering if this isn't what EGW called his "overmastering delusion".

I can just imagine satan coming in a UFO as "jesus" and trying to convince the world that he has come back like he said, and that the whole world needs to worship on Sunday in order to join the "Intergalactic Federation of Sovereign Planets"....
and we stand there saying that these are the fallen angels that got kicked out of heaven and that the Sabbath isn't on Sunday...

Aren't we going to be "so very popular"???

I'm still looking for a statement where she says that during this time, we will need to ignore every one of our senses and stand alone on God's Word.

I'm sure that mass hypnosis and mind control will be used at that time by the enemy... which is probably why she made such a statement.

This is why I would think our number one priority now is to get God's Word inside our minds, hearts, organs, body cells, etc. We need to totally immerse ourselves within His Word.

Or we may not make it...

I've begun reading the nine vol. set of the Testimonies through, and it's absolutely amazing how the evil angels are doing everything in their power to stop this!!

I'm sure that when we start being totally serious about our Bible memorizing, the same thing will happen to all who determine to do this.

But JESUS IS STRONGER!!!

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41754
07/19/01 01:50 AM
07/19/01 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

You are absolutely right Karen. When I try to do serious reading of the Testimonies or other of Mrs.White's writings, the Bible, or even some stuff that Greywolf has sent me, it seems like my brain goes on vacation. It is like a haze or cloud comes down and someone doesn't want me to absorb what I am reading. It is very frustrating. I know Satan is working very hard on all of us right now to make sure we don't have that complete unity with Christ that is so necessary to make it through the last days. All we can do is rest in Jesus and pray continually for His help and guidance in everything we do.

God bless,
Wendy

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41755
07/19/01 02:20 AM
07/19/01 02:20 AM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
Notice Italy's Mount Etna's dramatic eruption (today) around the same time (yesterday) Northern Italy had a quake that caused several landslides.

There's definately movement somewhere!

------------------
You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as you promised. I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge. Psalm 119:65-66 NLT

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41756
07/19/01 03:41 AM
07/19/01 03:41 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

I think things are definitely escalating! I get this awesome expectation feeling. Jesus is coming soon!

Wendy

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41757
07/19/01 04:27 PM
07/19/01 04:27 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We live in a peacful part of the world where none of these things happen to us such as tornadoes, earthquakes, and even hurricanes.

I wonder when it is going to hit us here?

We did, however, have a very tiny tornadoe hit Pugwash just outside our campgrounds where a bit of damage was done.

Daryl

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41758
11/11/01 08:16 PM
11/11/01 08:16 PM
K
Kristina  Offline
Posting New Member
Somewhere in the Arizona deser...
Karen wrote:

Of course, satan's agenda seems to be to get the whole world involved in ET and space travel. I've been wondering if this isn't what EGW called his "overmastering delusion".

I can just imagine satan coming in a UFO as "jesus" and trying to convince the world that he has come back like he said, and that the whole world needs to worship on Sunday in order to join the "Intergalactic Federation of Sovereign Planets"....
and we stand there saying that these are the fallen angels that got kicked out of heaven and that the Sabbath isn't on Sunday...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I had always wondered if I was the only person that thought that way! Nice to know I'm not alone .

Kristina

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41759
11/12/01 02:48 AM
11/12/01 02:48 AM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
Another Leonid light show looks like it's on tap pretty soon. Two years ago I saw a fireball that freaked out lots of people around Chatham. It should be interesting to see what the remnants of the 1833 shower will cause this time:

Violent meteor storm heads for Earth

A violent meteor storm is edging closer to Earth.

Space Shuttle flights are being cancelled and astronauts in the International Space Station are bracing themselves.

It's set to be the most powerful meteor storm to hit in decades.

Some of the 600 communications satellites orbiting Earth are also at risk.

The meteor is travelling at 160,000mph and will pass close to Earth later this week.

Nasa has already taken steps to protect the orbiting Hubble Space Telescope.

And the three astronauts in the space station are set to make their final space walk until the storm has passed.

The cosmic fireworks will begin as the Earth begins to cut across the orbit of Comet Temple-Tuttle, and into the blizzard of meteors.

The shower known as the Leonids, is an annual event but this year Earth will cut across an especially dense part of it.

Some parts of the world will be able to see the spectacular light show in the sky.

------------------
The great ships are safe in the harbour, but that's not what they were built for.

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41760
11/25/01 05:18 AM
11/25/01 05:18 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
No, Kristina, you are NOT alone

I won't allow a TV in my home... since 1992.

I finally got rid of it during the winter Olympics that year...
that was when they showed where the Olympic flame comes from...
and how the women priests in the Greek temple "call" the fire out of the air and light the torch...

I also came to realize during that Olympics the fact that everyone of those athletes are giving allegiance to satan by performing under that flame... and also that they are Sabbath breakers...

and the final touch was when one of the Russian pairs were falling all over the place on the ice, and their coach took them away and when they got back to practice, they could do no wrong...
the reporter asked her what she had done to turn them around like that...
she stated very calmly and matter-of-factly, that she had taken them back to her hotel room...
and hypnotized them for four hours!!!

All for a perishable piece of metal that will be burned up very shortly... not to mention the fact that they belong to satan by doing that.

So why in the world would I want to watch them -- or even be fascinated by them???

I took the TV out on the porch and threw it down... when the tube broke, I sure had lots of "fun" sweeping up all the tinsy tiny slivers of glass!!!

I just praise the Lord for having it break going away from me instead of at me

Re: HERE WE GO PEOPLE! #41761
11/25/01 06:58 AM
11/25/01 06:58 AM
K
Kristina  Offline
Posting New Member
Somewhere in the Arizona deser...
quote:
Originally posted by Karen:
No, Kristina, you are NOT alone

I won't allow a TV in my home... since 1992.

I finally got rid of it during the winter Olympics that year...
that was when they showed where the Olympic flame comes from...
and how the women priests in the Greek temple "call" the fire out of the air and light the torch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would be interested in learning more about this. I've never heard of it.

The TV...ahhh...the bane of my existence, and apparently the battle is up to me. I think hubby would do whatever I wanted about it -- which isn't what I want! Please pray for me.

Kristina

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!