HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Human Clone Births #42392
01/02/03 12:34 AM
01/02/03 12:34 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
It seems that Ellen White's comment about the "confused species" which did not enter the Ark (because they weren't a part of God's original creation) is referring to the dinosaurs. The antediluvians must have figured out how to manipulate the DNA of animals in order to create dinosaurs.

Also, I've visited some of the dinosaur national parks around the USA and it is pretty clear that there were a whole bunch of dinosaurs roaming the globe. I have no problem envisioning thousands of them living before the Flood. Apparently, there was a whole lot more habitable real estate back in those days. So there would have been plenty of room for thousands of those huge toothy reptiles.

Re: Human Clone Births #42393
01/02/03 02:25 AM
01/02/03 02:25 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
What was not created by God was a "tare" and these were instigated by Satan. This would apply to the toothy giants as well.....i would think

Manuscript Releases Volume Sixteen----PG- 247

"Christ never planted the seeds of death in the system. Satan planted these seeds when he tempted Adam to eat of the tree of knowledge, which meant disobedience to God. Not one noxious plant was placed in the Lord's great garden, but after Adam and Eve sinned, poisonous herbs sprang up. In the parable of the sower the question was asked the master, "Didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? From whence then hath it tares?" The master answered, "An enemy hath done this." [Matt. 13:27, 28.] All tares are sown by the evil one. Every noxious herb is of his sowing, and by his ingenious methods of amalgamation he has corrupted the earth with tares."

Re: Human Clone Births #42394
01/02/03 03:37 AM
01/02/03 03:37 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Does this passage suggest that man created the dinosaurs?

The Spirit of Prophecy Volume One, page 69, paragraph 1
Chapter Title: The Flood
But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere. God purposed to destroy by a flood that powerful, long-lived race that had corrupted their ways before him.

Re: Human Clone Births #42395
01/03/03 04:33 AM
01/03/03 04:33 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Does this passage suggest that man created the dinosaurs?

The Spirit of Prophecy Volume One, page 69, paragraph 1
Chapter Title: The Flood
But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere. God purposed to destroy by a flood that powerful, long-lived race that had corrupted their ways before him.

Mike I have read this many times but for some reason I guess it did not think that it meant dinosaurs. I don't know what I thought it was if not. For some reason I thought that the reason the dinosaurs were not taken into the ark was because God knew that after the flood they would not be as managleble as before. Sure seems like I read that in the Spirit of Prophecy some where. I will have to continue looking. But according to the quote below every species of animal which God had created WAS taken into the ark. So that blows my theory about why Dino was not in the ark. Shucks...I was hoping to have a mini Dino as a pet....oh well I will still have my Bengal Tiger. [Big Grin]

Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men. {3SG 75.2}

Re: Human Clone Births #42396
01/03/03 12:53 AM
01/03/03 12:53 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Avalee, you're funny. Thanx for the good insights. I also suspect the reason the dino's didn't make it one the Ark is because they weren't part of God's original creation.

I also suspect that post-Flood mankind has been unable to duplicate dinosaurs, thus they haven't roamed the earth since before the Flood. So, all the tracks and bones found here and there are from before the Flood.

But now that we are learning how to clone animals it may not be very long before dinosaurs begin showing up again. And then we will able to say - It is now as it was in the days of Noah.

Re: Human Clone Births #42397
01/03/03 01:26 PM
01/03/03 01:26 PM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
A couple of comments on this interesting subject:

a) Donkey, mule, ass: This is a hybrid, and it is not a clone. Hybrids often can not reproduce. Clones are expected to reproduce.

b)As a member of a hospital ethics committee that deals with issues of medical ethics, I can clearly state that I do not believe that any member of our committee would agree to experiments with human cloning in our research center.

c) Species: As one who has a strong background in the biological sciences, I can not believe that EGW used the word "species" in the same sense of a scientist. Species is an artificial word that was contrived by the taxonomists. Ellen White was not a scientist. We can not expect her to use scientific words with the 21st Cent. scientific meaning.

d) It appears to me that some here believe that genetic manipulation is immoral, on both the plant level, and the animal level. Also, that some believe hybridization of plants to be immoral. Again, genetic manipulation is not cloning. While I respect their postion, I am astounded that some would think that the production of a hybrid species is immoral. If this is immoral, what is your ethical obligation in regard to the use of that hybrid species. Do you eat corn? It is likely that the corn you eat is a hybrid species. Do you plant hybrid flowers in your garden?

e) Some so-called diseases are genetic in origin. The only cure (not treatment) is likely to be genetic. Is it immoral for humans to attempt genetic manipulation to cure a disease? I remind you that genetic manipulation is not necessarly cloning.

=====

I assume that reming is actually intended as remind? - Daryl [Smile]

[ January 03, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Gregory ]

Re: Human Clone Births #42398
01/04/03 08:01 AM
01/04/03 08:01 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I stand corrected. I just looked for further information on the subject of the ability to reproduce. In that case, as soon as scince is regularly producing healthy offspring by this method - and I'm not sure that's yet - then there is no reason to be against the procedure. My only reservation - and there may be answers to this already - is that if a clone comes from the one parent, is there more likelihood of the kinds of effects seen when closely related humans produce offspring? Oh, and I was wrong on two major counts. They can produce males from cloning, if they use the cells from a male. Fascinating stuff.

Hybridisation is not genetic manipulation. Genetic manipulation alters the structures that exist naturally. But the conversation was about two different things - cloning, and whether EGW's writings were talking about cross-breeding humans with animals.

I fully support all genetic investigation to cure disease, but I don't want to eat what may have been turned into non-food by a scientist.

Re: Human Clone Births #42399
01/06/03 03:31 PM
01/06/03 03:31 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
As part of our SS discussion this past Sabbath, we discussed this cloning issue. The discussion leader posed the question, "Will God allow human cloning?" with the intent of exploring class member's perceptions of the moral implications of human cloning. Among the various ideas that came out is one that I would like to float here in order to take some of the heat of Mike. [Big Grin]

Consider that at creation God did the first combination human cloning/genetic engineering. Eve was taken from Adam and replicated into a female which would have required some genetic manipulation to change the gender of Adam's clone. This would further support the original creation thesis of God to create male and female in the image of God, separate distinct beings that are one. A significant element of "in God's image" is the creative/re-creative desire and ability. Consider that procreation is modified cloning, rather than taking DNA from one donor it is taking DNA from two donors to create a copy of the two donors. But human cloning is far more common than we think - identical twins are exact genetic copies sharing the same DNA - and naturally occuring with the apparent blessing of God. And finally consider the possibility that the Trinity of the Godhead may represent divine cloning - One God in Three beings.

Tom

Re: Human Clone Births #42400
01/08/03 10:49 PM
01/08/03 10:49 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Ahem...Excuse me... Did that last post leave everyone speechless? Baffled? Frightened? Concerned? Apathetic? Angry? Amused? Confused?

Just wondering....

Tom

Re: Human Clone Births #42401
01/09/03 03:50 AM
01/09/03 03:50 AM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
It's a conspiracy Tom! [Big Grin] [Tasty]

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!