In the book The Desire of Ages, we read these words:

"The life of Christ that gives life to the world is in His word... Every soul is to receive life from God's word for himself." p.390.

This life is the power of God: "Receive the word in faith and it will give you power to obey." M.B.150.

What do you think of this statement: "The words and commands of God are Spirit and they are life. There is in them power to bring into subjection and enforce obedience." 1 T 361.

That power is the same creative energy that called the worlds into existence:

"The creative energy that called the worlds into existence is in the word of God. That word imparts power, it begets life. Accepted by the will, received into the soul by faith, it brings with it the life of the Infinite One. And the life which is thus received is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Education, p.126.

The law on Sinai was ordained to impart life, even the life of Christ to the hearers. These 10 words proceeding out of the mouth of God were the voice of God speaking to the soul in promise of eternal life in Christ Jesus! They were to live eternally by them. Matt.4:4.

Instead, they thought that the Lord was asking them to do all they could to obey them. But they were mistaken. They did not realize that the words that proceed out of the mouth of God impart the Spirit to the hearers who receive them as self-fulfilling because they are imbued with the life of the Infinite One!

It was Jesus who spoke the ten commandments! Right? This same Jesus said, "The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are life." John 6:63.

Lord, let it be done unto us according to the law of Thy mouth. This law re-creates us in the image of God. "Born again through the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which lives and abides for ever." 1 Peter 1:22,23.

The law of God's mouth is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus!

Oh how I love Thy law! "I will never forget Thy commandments, for by them You have given me life." Ps.119:93,50.

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul." Ps.19:7.

P.S. The law of God's mouth is the breathing in of unutterable love into the soul of the believer. God has promised us eternal life through His commandments and that is through Jesus Christ for He is the Word of God! In every one of His commandments, He is saying: Receive ye the Holy Ghost! John 6:63. "God's holy Spirit is in His word." C.O.L.132. "And the Lord is that Spirit." 2 Cor.3:17. And the Spirit fulfills every jot and tittle of what is expressed in that word!

The word of God engraved on stones or written with ink is a ministration of condemnation and death. Proceeding out of His mouth, the same word is a ministration of righteousness, the impartation of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, the creative energy that called the worlds into existence. 2 Cor.3:9. It creates a new heart, a good conscience, and unfeigned faith! 1 Tim.1:5. It sheds the love of God abroad in the heart! Rom.5:5. The word of God's mouth is Spirit and life! John 6:63. "The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isaiah 45:23. And "Righteousness is love and love is the light and the life of God." M.B.18.

"The law of His mouth is perfect; it converts the soul." Ps.19:7.

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: adventbeliever ]