HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,615
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 19
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: The Ten Commandments #45216
05/25/02 07:59 PM
05/25/02 07:59 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
James,
When one is talking about salvation, one must address Justification and Sanctification. One is "Believe and thou shalt be saved", the other is "If you believe, you will do My will, walk in My ways, follow Me....."

Justification is the beginning of your walk with Christ. And to walk With Him is Active. We have choices to make and a believer is "a doer of the Word", does the works of the law, not to be saved, but because he is saved.

The Spirit of Prophecy quotes above are quite clear....can you comment on them please.

Re: The Ten Commandments #45217
05/25/02 08:14 PM
05/25/02 08:14 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Manuscript Releases Volume Thirteen
-PG- 191
"God calls for a living, straightforward testimony to be borne.Testimonies have been borne, but a new impulse must be given to the work. Jesus Christ is the Captain of the Lord's host. He must be recognized as the leader. All who heed the works, "Follow Me," will reveal the fruit of
obedience.
The ground upon which we are to stand unitedly in doing God's service is that the Bible is the true guide, and not the idle sophistry of men. The Bible is our Counselor, and is to be obeyed. Justification by faith is the article of our true standing in the sight of God. Sanctification through the Holy Spirit binds up man's will and purpose with the will and purpose of God. If we have not these features in our experience, the church will be sickly and feeble. The safety of God's people is in coming to His living Word. When no human authority is put before this Word, then will men unite in gospel harmony, for the doing of the Word binds heart to heart, causing the workers to blend as one in Christ Jesus. The living oracles are fresh and beautiful. To study them is to eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of God."

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Charlene Van Hook ]

Re: The Ten Commandments #45218
05/25/02 09:45 PM
05/25/02 09:45 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by James Saptenno:
Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trust God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness Romans 3:4,5 (NIV)

James I am sure it is just a mistake but you might want to recheck your NIV verse on Romans 3:4,5....since I do not use this translation I read it in the KJV and it really does not say the same thing at all. Below is the verse Romans 3:4-5 in the KJV. Just did a search on the online version for NIV and it is Chapter 4:4-5 you want.

Romans 3:4(KJV)
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Romans 3:5(KJV)
But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: The Ten Commandments #45219
05/26/02 04:18 AM
05/26/02 04:18 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
James wrote:

quote:

Many believes that love=the 10th Cs, but unfortunately they are deadly wrong.

Well, the apostle John wrote, "This is love, that we walk after His commandments." 2 John 6.

I believe I'll go along with the apostle! It would be deadly to do otherwise.

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: John ]

Re: The Ten Commandments #45220
05/26/02 06:01 PM
05/26/02 06:01 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Amen John

1 John 5:1
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Re: The Ten Commandments #45221
05/28/02 03:27 AM
05/28/02 03:27 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James wrote:

"So, obedience to the law or our works really are so important and might be added to the works Christ has done for us in order we may live eternally in heaven."

This is an unfortunate piece of logic that all too often people believe. But in reality, obedience is the result of being in covenant relationship with Jesus.

Our part is simply to come to Jesus just as we are, and His part is to empower us to, Go and sin no more. As we walk in the Spirit and mind of the new man, we do not and cannot sin. 1 John 3:9.

Paul wrote: "... obedience [leads] unto righteousness." Rom 6:16. We cannot experience the gift of righteousness by faith without first experiencing the gift of obedience by faith. Obedience is doing nothing wrong, whereas righteousness is doing everything right.

We are not saved because Jesus empowers us to live without sin, rather He is able to empower us to obey the law unto righteousness because we have accepted the salvation He wrought out for us on the cross.

It is impossible to separate salvation, obedience and righteousness. Like the holy Trinity, they coexist in fellowship. When we accept Jesus as our personal Saviour, we also become "partakers of His holiness." Heb 12:10.

[ May 27, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lowe ]

Re: The Ten Commandments #45222
05/28/02 03:47 AM
05/28/02 03:47 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
We are not saved because Jesus empowers us to live without sin, rather He is able to empower us to obey the law unto righteousness because we have accepted the salvation He wrought out for us on the cross.

Amen Mike. Our obedience to all God's commands are the fruit of our love to God.

Re: The Ten Commandments #45223
05/28/02 01:36 PM
05/28/02 01:36 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Avalee.

Sorry, miss-typing. It should be read Romans 4:4,5.

So, what is your comment?

In His love

James S.

Re: The Ten Commandments #45224
05/28/02 01:45 PM
05/28/02 01:45 PM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
No one answers to Romans 4:4,5. Why? Or do you feel that these verses is against your concept of works has a value in your salvation?

As I have seen from your replies that works (obedience to the law) is important and has a value in working your way to heaven, but these verses told us the contrary. If there is any value in our works of obedience that may be counted for our fitness to heaven, then grace is no longer grace and salvation is no longer a gift but a reward.

Any comment?

In His love

James S.

Re: The Ten Commandments #45225
05/28/02 01:47 PM
05/28/02 01:47 PM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
John.

In the whole book of John I didn’t find any indication that Christ believers must keep the Ten Commandments. But surely I found that Christ believers must “love each other” (John 13:34; 15:12,17).

This is the command that Christ has given us through John, which we must keep and obey.

Is it the same with the Ten Commandments? Is “love” = the Ten Commandments?

Love (agape – seeks no self in it) is God character, the Ten Commandment is a written law in human terms based on this love. The Ten Commandments it self is not “love”, but it has the principle of love.

People may keep and obey the whole Ten perfectly but without love. The reason he keeps and obeys it is based on his self-love nature. For example; he didn’t steal and didn’t kill because he will not get catch by the Police, put in jail and maybe ended with many years in prison or ended on the electric chair. He keeps the commandments because he is afraid for sinning, he keeps the commandments in order to live righteously and may enter heaven and have eternal life. There are many reasons, but all is based on the principle of self.

But when some one has love in his heart, he will live in harmony with the law and it principle.

Love is fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22), imparted in the hearts of Christ’s believers who lived by faith and after the Spirit. It is a ministry of the Spirit that gives life and brings righteousness (2 Corinthians 3:6,9). “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” – 2 Corinthians 3:17.
A freedom from what? Freedom from sin of self-love! Only by living after the Spirit, a believer might have the love of God in his heart that will wipe out his self-love so that he might love his fellow men. He then has the righteousness of the law fulfilled in him (Romans 8:4), a righteousness that brought life.

But what is said about the Ten Commandments and its ministry?
“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, was glorious……………………….How shall not the ministration of the Spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory……………….For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious” – 2 Corinthians 3:6-11 (KJV).

See the difference between love and the Ten commandments?
Love gives life, love gives righteousness, love is fruit of the Spirit, the ministry of the Spirit is more glorious and remains till end of time.

The letter kills, keeping the law brings condemnation and death, the law is less glorious, the law was done away.

Here is more;

“The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law” – 1 Corinthians 15:56.
Keeping the law empowers the sin in us and produced death (Romans 7:13).
“Once I was alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death” – Romans 7:9-11 (NIV).

And many more.

Do you see the difference now between love and the Ten Commandments, do you still believe that love = the Ten commandments, and do you also believe that what Christ commanded through John is to keep the Ten Commandments?

“For the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” – John 1:17 (NIV).
“The law and the prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and every one is forcing his way into it” – Luke 16:16 (NIV).
(The law as a whole was since Moses till John, it didn’t bring life and righteousness but condemnation and death. But since the cross, the gospel of Christ about grace and truth that brings life and righteousness was preached).
“A new command I give you; Love one another; As I have loved you, so you must love one another” – Romans 13:34 (NIV).
“My command is this; Love each other as I have loved you” – John 15:12 (NIV).
“This is my command; Love each other” – John 15:17 (NIV).

In His love

James S.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!