HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48715
05/27/01 07:36 AM
05/27/01 07:36 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Music interfers with my focus, one side of the body needs slightly more prompting than the other. Music would "hop" me up but it would mess me up it it's acoustic contents and delivery interfered with my body or my ego.

My body by the interference with focus & physiology. Also in delayed fashion when it over activates ego, cause I am not seventeen anymore & used to too much was difficult to achive, now too much hits my physical waek spots all too easy & very quick. I will be 50 in October, I don't react with the rebound of seventeen. It's more like a small plane trying to tow a jumbo jet. Possible but difficult and soon the small plane throws a rod.

Exercise for the sake of exercise - 6 days ok, Sabbath - nope I'am doing R&R from pumping tday. A walk to enjoy the outdoors maybe, helping others - fine if possible (but on my terms as much as possible). Sleep for me is usually 12 hrs off from most folks, but I strech it on Sabbath. Lots of Church duties so I am not free to sleep when I would, but later @ home. Plus writting & printing out & teaching an alternate Sabbath School Program. I probably do not get enough non weights exercise during secular hours and probably not enough weight training during those secular hours either. However here in unusually chilly Ohio gardening season is progressing.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48716
05/27/01 02:49 PM
05/27/01 02:49 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
My idea of a good sabbath afternoon activity (after 'lay' activities ) is to ride my bike along the bike path near Lake Huron.
Watch the ducks/geese and maybe feed the sea-gulls.
Now that the last cold weekend is finally here, maybe I can start riding my bike without Arthur getting mad at me.

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48717
05/27/01 04:09 PM
05/27/01 04:09 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Who's Arthur?? I enjoy my Sabbath's off from exercise. In fact, my favourite Sabbaths are those spent entirely with friends. It's nice to have a day when you don't have to worry about what has to be done next in my life.

On the other hand, that doesn't exclude exercise-like activities on the Sabbath either. I remember that when I was in college we used to go out and play touch football, long walks/hikes - in high school we'd go to the mountains, bicycle rides, things like that, but it was and is more than exercise. It was/is enjoying time with friends and nature, learning about God from His great outdoors. It was good, and generally things that we did not have time for during the regular week. Perhaps, if you walk for exercise, you could try a different activity on Sabbath if you still wanted to get outside and do something - ride a bike, rollerblade, go on a picnic, go canoeing, go to the beach, play a game with friends - but change your routine so that the Sabbath is different and special from the rest of the week.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48718
05/28/01 12:13 AM
05/28/01 12:13 AM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Just a quick update for those who might possibly be interested in my preparation for the 330 mile AIDSRide next month. My fundraising has gone quite well and I am working on increasing my mileage so that I can complete successive long days (100 miles+/- per day) on the bike as will be necessary for the ride. I am riding 60-70 mile days without difficulty. Having done 60+ miles today I am now going to take advantage of the holiday weekend (Memorial Day for you Canadians ) and do the same at least tomorrow. This is at a fairly moderate pace with a short rest or two along the way. This week I expect to have 150-200 miles. I will vary the daily mileage and pace on the rest of the week.

The bottom line is that you've got to love that bike!

Tom

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48719
05/28/01 12:59 AM
05/28/01 12:59 AM
Laurie Mosher  Offline
Charter Member
Died May 20, 2020

Canada
Speaking of "finding time", I suppose I should read the previous 4 pages, but quite frankly "I don't have the time"!!.

A good way to get onee's exercise without spending alot of $$ is "get a dog". Max (my dog) needs a walk every morning..well his walk has helped my health...Now altho I'm over the hill (at 56), I'm not "under the hill"!

One could rationalize that dog food is expensive. Well ,I live on 22 acres of land, have a garden, and a "walk thru Park" (still clearing land for that project). The point is, MAX is "worth his weight in gold" for keeping deer and rabbits out of the garden, Plus he's a faithful friend. Not many animals have a vehicle named after them -"MAXEY Van"!

------------------
Remember!!
When you don't feel like praying,
WHY don't you talk to God about it?
Laurie

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48720
05/28/01 01:08 AM
05/28/01 01:08 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Sarah,

You missed Gerry's pun entirely. You are too young barring injuries to develop it this soon. Aurthur(itis) one of the brothers that are more diversified that just a pain in the butt. Aurthur, Osteo, Rumatoid, and last but not least Bursa. {Sorta sounds like the brothers of Larry, Daryl & Daryl fame. ( No Aurthur, Osteo, Rumatoid, and Bursa are not from Vermont , sympathy for Tom after the end of the longgggg ride.)

May none of the four afore mentioned brothers visit him.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48721
05/28/01 05:29 PM
05/28/01 05:29 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Silly me! I had a good laugh, after I understood it! I hope he goes on a LONG vacation for the summer and likes it so much that he never comes back!

Did the stairs again today. Someone tell me, when does it get easier???????? I feel as if my lungs are about to burst only a few flights up (around 5 or so) and it is not getting better, but almost worse! Is this normal?

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48722
05/31/01 07:59 PM
05/31/01 07:59 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
If you get really good at the stairs, you may be transfered to the messenger department and get to run up and down the stairs all day long delivering messages from one floor to the others. Then you could get paid for your exercise program.

I tried jogging several years ago, and it never got easier.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48723
06/03/01 08:45 PM
06/03/01 08:45 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Of course, I wouldn't want to be transferred to the mailroom - would make me feel as if it were a demotion, not a promotion. I'm thinking too that it might be because there is stale air in the staircase and that is affecting me. Didn't have that problem while out bike riding, etc. Oh well. It's nice to be outside, and I'm not going to give up on the exercising - yet!

I used to like jogging.... too bad it is not good for me to do anymore.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48724
06/04/01 10:55 PM
06/04/01 10:55 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
If stale air is the problem, do what Rocky, alias, Sylvester Stallon, did. Move to Philadelphia, and run up and down the stairs to the public library. Who knows, you may even become world boxing champion!

Ed, that reminds me, your next goal. Go to the meat locker plant and start throwing the carcasses around. Much more challenging than just lifting "dead metal weight". Then you could start hitting the frozen beef to toughen up your hands and strengthen your hitting muscles. And you could keep your pizza frozen in there too, until it was time to eat it.

How is the pumpkin lifting coming along!

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!