HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48705
05/17/01 01:16 PM
05/17/01 01:16 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Remember I do have CP(cerebral palsy). I walked 8 miles at one time once and could not walk much for 7-10 days. Marathon's are 26 miles. Have mercy on me offer "OJ" & pizza every 5 miles . However I was way out of shape then.

When I was at Wildwood for about a year, Jim Kline & I ran up Racoon Mt & down into a suburb of Chattanooga (6 miles away){we got lost to be exact} and had to carry this overstuffed maximal couch bisqite mutt. Dogs eat dog bisquites .....soooooo . We ran back carrying him along the side of the interstate, then raced each other home for first seat at dinner. Lets see 2 miles up & over the Mt, 6 miles into & 6+ miles back, plus carrying the dog (fleas ....dog breath & all.} 14+ miles with an uphill sprint afterwards. Welllllllll that was 30-31 years ago, just a technical co-out - LOL.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48706
05/17/01 08:00 PM
05/17/01 08:00 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
OK Ed, realistic goal number 2 - play 18 holes of golf without a cart at least twice a week within 3 months. Notice I didn't say shoot par golf or even boggy golf. The goal is not primarily on how well you play yet, but on the walking with the weight of the clubs. You don't even have to take a dog along.

Many courses have snack bars along the way, so you could get your own OJ and pizza, and besides, I do not want to be the one to tempt you into eating pizza that would divert you from your weight loss goal!

[This message has been edited by Wedntgp (edited May 17, 2001).]

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48707
05/18/01 07:57 PM
05/18/01 07:57 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
If I were to burn 3500 calories and ate & drank 3000 calories of pizza & OJ I wouls still loose fat.

However it's been way tooooo long since pizza. Hint Hint Linda.

Oh yes, yesturday (thursday) Ken & I loaded a large trailer with 7 cubic yards of wet sticky heavy leaf compost(after I worked all night too[10+ hrs & stayed up to boot].) That ought to count for some pizza - maybe - just a little 16" pan . (why isn't there a smiley when someone's fishing for sympathy ?????)

I used the scoop shovel & now my left upper back hurts for sure. Not muscle soreness either, feels like another pulled whatever. I guess the older you get to easier to pull stuff. He was wiser & used the square pointed shovel.

Ken is much less sedentary & three or four years older & it seems quite a bit tougher. I guess it shows the physical value of routine physical labor besides exercise. I keeps stuff toughened up. He was a trucker till recently & now an LE & gardner & builder of sorts. Ken & Freddie(wife) are really great folks. Never still for long though.

BTW would having been part of the crew building the Connestee Golf Course on the rough end of the pick & shovel brigaide as a early twenty something count ?

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48708
05/19/01 02:23 AM
05/19/01 02:23 AM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Of course your work on the golf course with a pick and shovel counts, but its been counting for so long that it has lost most of its strength and power. I think I hear it counting in the distance. OOOOOnnne, sorry, not enough strenth to go any further!

Maybe your goal should be, since you are a gradener, to grow giant pumpkins, and go out and lift the one that has the most potential for getting really big every day. And when it reaches 3 or 4oo pounds, you will have really accomplished something. I will then look for you on TV in the world's strongest man contest, lifting huge round rocks onto walls. !!!!!!!!!!

You could accomplish two things that way, you would gain strength and fitness and have grown your own pumpkin for pumpkin pizza. Don't laugh till you try it.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48709
05/21/01 01:30 PM
05/21/01 01:30 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Now you are talking my lingo. Yaaaaah Thatttts the Ticket. I grow an orange VW with leaves & lift it on ESPN. Actually a pumpkin pizza is called pumpkin pie.

I like a big bowl & eat with large spoons.

Actually the medical director gave me some giant pumpkin seed. Ken & Fredie have the space in their garden, thanks for a more fun goal. I'll try growing some giant (but still edible) pumpkins. I like stone lifting, I ought to get back into it. I really would like to be a contender in the World's strongest Man contest ( but I assume there is lifting on Sabbath & I have let things slide and not in condition to seriously be a real threat to Maggnuss Samulson or Oyoko Oholo by a long shot.)

I have let the connective tissues get soft and weak, it could take quite a while to recondition the ligaments and tendons. Muscles recondition much quicker. [But I do have a 20 ft heavy log chain in hopes of human towing heavy things someday.]

http://www.ironmind.com/index.asp
http://www2.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/

Just had to include the website for verification & a link for other Quo Vadis wantabe's.

Bye for now. But bye the bye - srength & gardening goals intrest me more than marathon's & golf.

Ed

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited May 21, 2001).]

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48710
05/22/01 09:21 PM
05/22/01 09:21 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Ed

I am shocked and dismayed that I am the only one that cares about you enough to suggest goals for you!

Where are the rest of your on line friends. Don't they care? Or do they think that pumping iron is the ultimate of goals, and nothing they could offer would be an improvement?

Post a picture of you lifting that giant pumpkin, and later eating the pumpkin pizza.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48711
05/23/01 01:48 PM
05/23/01 01:48 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Look at all the exercise my click finger is getting during online MSDAOL ping pong. That's the ticket we're playing ping pong. They're waiting to take on the winner .

The only problem is the pumpkin idea sounds good & so does the world's largest pumpkin pizza.

Maybe I seem so alien..... they're waiting for me to pump ufo saucers. ??????

Oh well my temp is 97.4 F & I have been in the Ozone a fewwww times.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48712
05/24/01 03:18 AM
05/24/01 03:18 AM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Been in the Ozone a few times, huh? I think that's too much oxygen, isn't it? Doesn't that cause super activity? Could be trouble when you get back to the regular mix of air!!

When in Italy, I wanted to try some Italian food without the US influence, or that I couldn't get here. The only "weird" thing on the menu was egg pizza. Not bad. Try it sometime. A fried egg in the center with scrambled eggs all around. I wonder how egg and pumpkin would work together?

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48713
05/23/01 04:25 PM
05/23/01 04:25 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Personally, I know nothing about weight lifting so wouldn't even know where to begin to give Ed a possible target.

I have been thinking about this topic lately and during my studies of other areas. Many people ask me why I am doing things like cutting out chocolate, dairy, meat, etc. in my life and my answer to them is becuase my body is the temple of God and I should treat it as if it is special. Part of that would be keeping in shape and exercising.

How can I not have time to exercise? If I want to be a good, beautiful, holy temple, then I need to make sure I look my best.

Watch for another topic to continue this thread as I don't want to get too far off track here.

Have a great day everyone!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

[This message has been edited by Mrs Sarah Moss (edited May 23, 2001).]

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48714
05/26/01 12:58 PM
05/26/01 12:58 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Most weight lifters I have seen, lift while listening to loud - driving music to help get the emotions pumped to help lift greater weights or help perform more repetitions. Do you do that, and have you observed that similar kinds of music help you perform with the weights better?

What kind of exercise is appropriate for Sabbath. I suspect we could all agree on walking, but is walking necessarily OK if we do it just for the exercise. What about stair climbing? Is that a form of walking? What about exercise machines? Treadmills, stationary bicycles, and moving ones? If exercise is important to our relationship with the Lord, should there be any Sabbath restrictions?

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!