HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49416
11/28/04 01:09 PM
11/28/04 01:09 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Midge again I will say I am sorry you feel the way you do. I will leave it up to the others to dialoge with you. I once knew a man who was teacing the people at a former church I belonged to that we would marry and have children on the new earth. When I gave the people the truth from the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy this man told the people that others had changed what the Spirit of Prophecy said. I called the EGW Estate and told them what this man said and they sent me a copy of the original documents. Which by the way made a stronger point against what he was trying to teach as not all of the document was used in the books we have. It is a very sad thing when people try to do this to God's words to us.

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49417
11/28/04 03:58 PM
11/28/04 03:58 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, the following post may have been overlooked by you. I would still appreciate your response. Thanx.
quote:
Jesus did not work to correct preconceived misconceptions. "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now." John 16:12. Living under Roman rule was a compromise. The Protestant Reformation was a compromise. That is, God was leading men and women throughout the Reformation even though their knowledge of the truth was incomplete. The Great Disappointment was a compromise. Health reform was a compromise until 1863. In all these cases God overlooked the fact that their knowledge of the truth was incomplete and incorrect.

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49418
11/29/04 02:52 AM
11/29/04 02:52 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
quote:
Jesus did not work to correct preconceived misconceptions.
I can't agree with that. He came to give us God's truth, and truth always dispels misconceptions.

It would be better stated, "Jesus did not work to correct *all* preconceived misconceptions." He corrected what He could while He was here, but He also knew that some preconceived misconceptions were so deeply ingrained that it would take time to overcome them. That would be left to the Holy Spirit to accomplish. (Peter's experience in Acts 10 is a good example of that.)

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49419
11/29/04 03:13 AM
11/29/04 03:13 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Midge, I think the idea that men have changed the SOP, that we can't trust large portions of it, is the same as saying God can't protect His messages to mankind. Which, to me, belies a lack of faith in His abilities. The "changes" you talk about were authorized and overseen by Mrs. White herself, and that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt. I say "reasonable" instead of "all" because God doesn't remove all occasion for doubt. Those who want to doubt, will.

As for the church being fallen or not, here are some additional quotes from her pen:
"The Lord has sent messages of warning and entreaty, messages of reproof and rebuke, and they have not been in vain. But we have never had a message that the Lord would disorganize the church. We have never had the prophecy concerning Babylon applied to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, or been informed that the 'loud cry' consisted in calling God's people to come out of her; for this is not God's plan concerning Israel."
{RH 10-03-93 para. 12}

"Again, I say the Lord hath not spoken by any messenger who calls the only church in the world that keeps the commandments of God, Babylon. True, there is chaff with the wheat; but first gather the chaff and bind it into bundles to burn it, but gather the wheat into the garner. I know that the Lord loves His church. It is not to be disorganized, or broken up into independent atoms. There is not the least consistency in this. There is not the least evidence that such a thing will be. Those who shall heed this false message, and try to leaven others will be deceived, and prepared to receive advance delusions, and they will come to naught."
{1MR 303.01} (1893)

"When anyone is drawing apart from the organized body of God's commandment-keeping people, when he begins to weigh the church in his human scales and begins to pronounce judgment against them, then you may know that God is not leading him. He is on the wrong track."
{3SM 18.4} (1893)
The loud cry of Revelation 18 calls on us to come out of Babylon, but Babylon does not include the SDA Church. Yes, there are apostates and worldlings in the church, but prophecy has declared that this is to be so! What we need to do is fight back, to take our church back from these people, not give up and leave altogether. I already left one time 20+ years ago; by the grace of God it won't happen again.

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49420
11/30/04 04:45 AM
11/30/04 04:45 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
It would be better stated, "Jesus did not work to correct *all* preconceived misconceptions."
Yes, that's what I meant. Thanx for the clarification. The point I was attempting to make is that God sometimes compromises in order to maintain enough harmony to gradually lead us into all truth - without blowing us away with too much information too soon.

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49421
12/03/04 05:36 PM
12/03/04 05:36 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Yeah, it would be 'cruel and unusual' to shine a 3000-watt light into the eyes of someone who's lived in a dark basement for years, wouldn't it. :-)

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49422
12/03/04 08:54 PM
12/03/04 08:54 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Mike,

Yes, God allowed them to have a human king. That is clearly stated in the Bible as quoted below:

quote:

1 Samuel 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
8 According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and show them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

Yes, the above verses state very clearly that God permitted them to have a king like the other nations, but He also warned them of the consequences of such a request even to the time when they said that they have no king but Ceasar.

And yes, God allowed them to have more than one wife. The earliest Bible verse is found in Genesis 4:19, quoted below:

quote:

Genesis 4:19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

I don't see, however, where God gave permission to have more than one wife as He later on permitted them to have a king like the other nations. For some reason though God allowed it in the same way He allowed Sunday worship to replace Sabbath worship.

Paul warned the church of false doctrine creeping in, however, God allowed false doctrine to creep into the church. I don't think this would be compromising truth, but rather it would be allowing error, false doctrine, to creep into the church.

Error only creeps in though when we compromise the truth. It is we, who compromise the truth, not God.

Does that then mean that we can still compromise the truth today?

Also, what kind of harmony did it bring?

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49423
12/03/04 09:11 PM
12/03/04 09:11 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Daryl,

Is your question wether we do compromise truth or wether we can safely compromise truth from Gods perspective?

It would be yes and no I think.

/Thomas

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49424
12/03/04 09:14 PM
12/03/04 09:14 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thomas,

I also edited another question in my last post, namely what kind of harmony did compromise really bring?

Re: Avoid Contention Promote Harmony #49425
12/03/04 10:48 PM
12/03/04 10:48 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
An interesting question you ask there. What harmony has compromise brought. Compromise doesnt bring that much harmony between the compromiser and other persons who may stay with truth. In the early history when the missionaries started to compromise the requirements for becoming a christian such as accutally knowing what one was doing, it lead to a situation where almost everyone still alive believed in the same compromises which lead to some kind of harmony. In all the history of christianity isnt allways all that harmonious, then again, harmonious times seldom make it into the history books. Good question though.

/Thomas

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!