HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69676
05/29/03 12:14 AM
05/29/03 12:14 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Does the information in the Bible need to be completely accurate in order for it to be the Infallible Word of God?

Are there any inaccuracies in the Bible?

If yes, what are the inaccuracies?

If yes, do these inaccuracies affect the Infallibility of the Bible?

If there are not any inaccuracies, then the above questions are irrelevant.

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69677
05/29/03 01:34 AM
05/29/03 01:34 AM
L
Learning  Offline
Posting New Member
United States
"Some look to us gravely and say, 'Don't you think there might have been some mistake in the copyist or in the translators?' this is all probable [Did Mrs. White actually say that it is probable that there are mistakes in the Bible?!]and the mind that is so narrow that it will hesitate and stumble over this possibility or probability would be just as ready to stumble over the mysteries of the Inspired Word, . . . All the mistakes will not cause trouble to one soul, or cause any feet to stumble, that would not manufacture difficulties from the plainest revealed truth." 1SM16

It sounds to me as if those who say it si impossible for there to be any errors in the Bible reject Mrs. White.

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69678
05/29/03 02:33 PM
05/29/03 02:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The Bible contains what I like to call inspired discrepancies. God could have prevented them but He allowed them for a good reason. The salvation truth is infallible, but there are certain minute and minor details that do not agree. For example:

Matthew
26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mark
14:30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, [even] in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Luke
22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

John
13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69679
05/29/03 07:53 PM
05/29/03 07:53 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
The Bible contains what I like to call inspired discrepancies. God could have prevented them but He allowed them for a good reason.

Or because the entire nature needs discrepancies to function. Mathematics is probably the most rigid of the sciences yet it contains important "inconsistencies." Think of zero and infinity. These are two illogical concepts. It is no wonder that there are no Roman numerals for them. Zero does not exist. It is an arbitrary point. Infinity does not exist because if you divide infinity by infinity the answer is not 1, as one would expect, but infinity. Yet, without those two ideas much of our understanding of the universe would be lost.

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69680
05/30/03 02:18 PM
05/30/03 02:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Are you suggesting biblical inconsistencies are unavoidable? Was God incapable of overseeing the Bible in such a way it contains no discrepancies?

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69681
05/31/03 03:22 AM
05/31/03 03:22 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Are you suggesting biblical inconsistencies are unavoidable? Was God incapable of overseeing the Bible in such a way it contains no discrepancies?

I'm saying that if He were managing the project there would be no inconsistencies. He did not interfere with the project because it could do no harm. As He has said, "My sheep know my voice." He did not say, "My sheep know where in the Bible to find my instructions."

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69682
05/31/03 03:24 AM
05/31/03 03:24 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:

More to the point, I am saying that conflict is a part of nature. For example, self-government is an integral part of our nature, yet we can make no marked progress unless we submit to external government.

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69683
05/31/03 03:31 AM
05/31/03 03:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of the fundamental errors by those who refute the Bible is that they usually resort to intellectual, and polemical arguments; and the Bible is not even written from a purely intellectual point of view.

Two Mormon missionaries came to me one day for a sceduled study. They told me they had found a list of errors in the Bible; and thay wanted to enighten me.

I asked them if they would first listen to something I had to say. They agreed.

I said: "I needed help; and I found it in Jesus." (8T 321)

I told them how this happened; (briefly!), and then I said: "I found the Bible to be the voice of God to my soul." (8T321)

"In Christ, the hunger of my soul has been satisfied," (8T 321), and that "I believe in Jesus, because he is to me a divine Savior." (8T 321). When we, as a people, or as individuals can thus connect Christ to the Scriptures, it is pretty hard to argue against.

Incidentally, both of those young men left my place with copies of The Great Controversy in their hands.

The Bible challenges the intellect by "faith," and by "divine revelation." "Intellect" is going to lose everytime. [Smile]

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69684
05/31/03 03:39 AM
05/31/03 03:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Darius:
I'm saying that if He were managing the project there would be no inconsistencies. He did not interfere with the project because it could do no harm. As He has said, "My sheep know my voice." He did not say, "My sheep know where in the Bible to find my instructions." [/QB]

Darius

You have stated several things about God's Word, that seem geared to disproving it; and yet, you have made some statements about God, that seem "authoritative." May I ask where you get your authority from? How do you personally decide what to believe about God? What source/s do you use to reach your conclusions?

Jesus actually does say that His sheep know where in the Bible to find His instructions; and i will be happy to show you where, next post. [Smile]

Re: Evidence Of The Bible Regarding Accuracy & Infallibility #69685
05/31/03 03:42 AM
05/31/03 03:42 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by DavidTBattler:
One of the fundamental errors by those who refute the Bible is that they usually resort to intellectual, and polemical arguments; and the Bible is not even written from a purely intellectual point of view.

One of the fundamentaly errors made by many is to set up strawmen then knock them down. Will you please identify the individual or individuals here who are refuting the Bible? Further, I am disappointed that you think such a selective sample means anything. Have you heard of those who read the Bible and led many to premature deaths? The Bible is useful because of God, not the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!