HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Davros] #190042
07/09/19 06:32 PM
07/09/19 06:32 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I didn't say we are "past filled".

God doesn't "past filled" anything or anyone.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: kland] #190043
07/09/19 07:56 PM
07/09/19 07:56 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by kland
So we're past filled, then!

Which then leads to support of the idea that we are over populated and some should be eliminated. I think it was Bill Gates said 5 million?

The earth is far from being over-populated for its size. Right now, according to PHYS.ORG, "water makes up about 71% of the Earth's surface, while the other 29% consists of continents and islands." Besides, of that 29 percent, a sizable portion is uninhabited desserts and forests. We have a very, very long way to go yet to fill a planet without seas to capacity: 10 billion is a mere fraction. Rev. 21:1

With regards to food distribution, if everyone were content and grew their own, not sought to make hefty profits and shared of their blessings, this would be paradise right now. But men are greedy! "Woe to those who join house to house. They add field to field till there is no place where they may dwell alone in the midst of the land!" Is. 5:8

///

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Daryl] #190064
07/12/19 12:00 PM
07/12/19 12:00 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Daryl

If one assumes that those who are saved are less than the population at any time, in fact, only a small fragment,

And, if one assumes that the percentage who are saved are less than the population growth rate,

Then, if "the New Earth will already be populated with an adequate number of redeemed human beings",

Then, it would follow that we are currently, in fact, at any past time, past filled with those who are not saved.

The only way for the redeemed to meet the adequate number for the earth would be if the percentage of redeemed should exceed the population growth rate. And even then, it would take a certain amount of time for that accumulating number to exceed the total present population.

Wikipedia claims the 2017 population growth rate to be around 83 million annually, or 1.1% per year. I suppose it is possible that 83 million each year are among those to be redeemed.

What do you think?

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Davros] #190067
07/12/19 12:39 PM
07/12/19 12:39 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Are you forgetting that the redeemed will consist of the living saints and the resurrected saints from Adam to the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ.

That will add up to a multitude that no man can number, that only God can number.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: kland] #190071
07/12/19 04:12 PM
07/12/19 04:12 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Daryl

If one assumes that those who are saved are less than the population at any time, in fact, only a small fragment,

And, if one assumes that the percentage who are saved are less than the population growth rate,

Then, if "the New Earth will already be populated with an adequate number of redeemed human beings",

Then, it would follow that we are currently, in fact, at any past time, past filled with those who are not saved.

The only way for the redeemed to meet the adequate number for the earth would be if the percentage of redeemed should exceed the population growth rate. And even then, it would take a certain amount of time for that accumulating number to exceed the total present population.

Wikipedia claims the 2017 population growth rate to be around 83 million annually, or 1.1% per year. I suppose it is possible that 83 million each year are among those to be redeemed.

What do you think?

SDA have been going around saying that the second Advent is just around the corner. Perhaps what you have it hit upon is an argument that counters their midnight cries. Peter says, "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." 1 Pet. 3:9. It is obvious that God is waiting over many generations (a thousand years?) which means that it is a number He is aiming for, just like parents express a desire for a certain number of children. But what is the constraining factor, you ask? The size of the earth? I think not.

Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. [Up above and beyond, are many planets. I'm going to prepare one for you. And I will come again and take you there.]" John 14:1-3. I paraphrase. Let not your heart be troubled, indeed.

But concerning multiplying in heaven. When God created Adam, he said that it is not good that he should be alone on this massive earth! But how should he multiply? So God created marriage for that purpose. Marriage enables multiplication. Without it, that which is, remains as is. And there'll be no marriage in heaven, so ....

NO MULTIPLICATION (addition, division or subtraction). The New Jerusalem is a perfect cube and no side is slanted for want an edge.

///

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Davros] #190082
07/12/19 09:30 PM
07/12/19 09:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
He is waiting for a number, but not to fill the earth?

Why multiply before but not now?

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: kland] #190084
07/12/19 11:00 PM
07/12/19 11:00 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

People are still multiplying now. You yourself quoted the population growth rate as 83M every year.

///

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Davros] #190085
07/12/19 11:20 PM
07/12/19 11:20 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This is a subject we can only really speculate on --

But I have an opinion -- and I've heard others express it as well (not here)

God created this earth for a special purpose.
I think we all agree that God knows everything? Which means He KNEW sin would reign on this earth. He KNEW sin brings death. He KNEW Christ would go through the "birth" process to become a human.

We are told -- there is no marriage or giving in marriage in heaven, we will be like the angels (that implies angels do not marry nor are they given in marriage)

That further gives rise to the thought that this whole marriage idea, and even the whole reproduction system in the plant and animal kingdom, that is so "normal" on this earth was not known prior to earth's creation.
The angels weren't "alone" they had many companions, but it was friendship, not marriage. They were created, not born.

God introduces the reproductive system in His creation of this world because:
1. Once sin enters things and people would die and needed constant replenishment.
2. But more important -- it was the means by which Christ would enter a human womb and be born a human being.
3. It was to be used as an illustration of Christ's love for His church

Speculative discussions have at times been held as to --
If nothing dies, what happens to the flowers we pick, and will everything become totally overgrown as things keep growing but not dying etc etc etc.
Well, if there is no reproduction, and there is no death -- (sounds rather boringly static) but it's very probable that God has systems of life that we have no clue about, right?

However, it seems the whole reproductive system as we know it, is something unique to this world.

Why no marriage?

Yes, when I was young it seemed like a serious drawback to think of no marriage in heaven.

But think of the reality of marriage in this world -- happy marriages are not really the norm., they do exist, (I know from experience) but the reality is that there has been a huge amount of misery and heart ache connected with marriage and man-kinds means of reproduction on this planet over the last 6000 years. The harems, the multiple partners, the abused, the divorced, the incompatible ones, the child marriages, the forced marriages, the abducted brides, the rapes and the whole transgender mess If you think through the different cultures and practices and realities you will find more problems to add to the list. It is a "mess".

It makes me think that in heaven the whole reproductive/marriage system will be no more, and everyone will be an individual in their own right, friends with everyone, Christ being the love of their lives.
Sorting out all the marriage problems from this earth would be a night mare.

Just like the question asked of Jesus -- "Whose wife will she be, for seven brothers married her in succession"?
Indeed how would that be resolved?
Interesting that they didn't ask "Who will be Solomon's wife -- for he had a 1000?

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: Davros] #190086
07/12/19 11:31 PM
07/12/19 11:31 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Waiting for a number?

I've heard it suggested the "number" is to replace the angels that "kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, and are now kept in chains reserved in darkness for the judgment".

Re: "Heaven and the Supposed lack of Marriage" [Re: kland] #190091
07/13/19 01:11 AM
07/13/19 01:11 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

I think you mean, "not then"?

Anyway, have you ever wondered why God created us to be human beings and not angels? Where weren't we angels in the first place? The Psalmist said we're a little lower than the angels, and Jesus said that after the resurrection, we would be like them. So what is the point of all this earth and things of the earth? Was God trying to lift up a substitute for what had been cast down?

For eternal life, we know, is a gift only for those who ask in sincere repentance: not of works, lest any man should boast.

///

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!