HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73327
04/21/06 09:30 PM
04/21/06 09:30 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Quote:

If God's work was necessary then it was necessary for both. The reason is that man never asked to be redeemed; it was a unilateral effort on God's part. You claimed it was not necessary for God, only for man.

If it was "unilateral" then it is "one-sided", meaning it was for man only.
It was by God for man.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73328
04/22/06 01:43 AM
04/22/06 01:43 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Thank Tom, you have made it clear.
So, a man who wants to be in heaven needs Christ as his Redeemer, because only through Him, this man might know the love of God and by beholding to Christ through faith he would be recreated in the image of God. This is the only way for sinners to be accepted in heaven.

This is what you said, right?

But, is this an answer to my question:
Why humanity needs redemption? Why through a painful redemption of the only begotten Son of God? Why not just forgives our sins and open the door of heaven? Why a peaceful man, a God’s believer who lives with faith in Him (not Christ) needs to be redeemed by the Son of God? Would he not be transformed to the image of God through the Holy Spirit?

And, according to your reasoning, how about those who died before Christ came, they didn’t know about Him, they didn’t know his mission, they didn’t know the love of God for it wasn’t demonstrated yet.

So, why humanity need redemption? Why not just forgives the sins of those who believed in God the Creator of heaven and earth and lived by the Spirit?

In His love

James S.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73329
04/23/06 02:35 AM
04/23/06 02:35 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Very good questions, James.

Just because a person lived before Christ did does not mean that they could not know about Him. The Holy Spirit told Adam and Eve, and the others mentioned in the Old Testament, about Jesus Christ. The sacrificial system foretold His coming. The covenant God made with Abraham told of His coming. The Old Testaments is filled with stories telling of Jesus Christ and telling of those who knew of Him.

As to why humanity needed redemption, the answer is in the other posts. Mankind believed the serpents lies, which resulted in the ruination of the race. Man was bound by sin. The only way to freedom was through Jesus Christ. The truth must be told; the character of God must be presented. This was Jesus Christ's purpose, which the Holy Spirit presents to all who live, regardless of whether it's before the cross or after.

Jesus Christ is the true light which lightens *every* man who comes into the world. John 1:9. This has always been true.

As to why not just forgive the sins of those who believed in God, God does forgive sin. Jesus Christ prayed, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." This is the character of God. He forgives, even before being asked. Just like the parable of the prodigal son shows. Or when the woman caught in adultery was brought before Jesus. Or Adam and Eve. They didn't ask for forgiveness, but God forgave them and explained the plan of salvation.

God is forgiveness personified. There is no end to His graciousness. Because He forgives, He gave His Son.

Even though God forgives, this doesn't solve man's problem. Man needs to be reconciled. Man is alienated in his own mind, an enemy of God. The only way He can be reconciled is for God to send His Son.

Also, remember that it is not only for man that Christ was given, but there is the bigger picture to consider. Christ was a gift given for all. He sais, "If I be lifted up, I will draw *all* unto Me." (not all men, as in the KJV, but all, in the original).

It was only by Christ's work in giving His life for man that the unfallen angels and worlds were able to see the truth about God. It was through this work that the Great Controversy was won.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73330
04/23/06 11:25 AM
04/23/06 11:25 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Tom and James, do either of you believe that Christ died to take the punishment that we deserve? Yes or No Please. I'd especially like Tom's answer, but I'm interested in yours too James.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73331
04/23/06 12:56 PM
04/23/06 12:56 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
I know the question was not directed at me but everytime I hear someone refer to punishment we deserve I cringe. There are two reasons why. The first is that it reflects a lack of understanding of the nature of the human race. We see humans as individuals when God thinks of us as one. The second follows. Saying we deserve punishment is akin to blaming a kidnapping victim for things she did under the influence of her kidnapper. If we don't understand creation we can never understand salvation.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73332
04/23/06 09:58 PM
04/23/06 09:58 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Mark, since you asked for a one word answer, I'll give it to you: Yes

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73333
04/23/06 11:48 PM
04/23/06 11:48 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Why is it that so much of what you post seems to run contrary to your answer? What am i missing? Can you make a short guess at why I don't see that in what you've said before, then I'll leave you and James to dialogue some more . . .

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73334
04/24/06 02:28 AM
04/24/06 02:28 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mark wrote:

Tom and James, do either of you believe that Christ died to take the punishment that we deserve? Yes or No Please. I'd especially like Tom's answer, but I'm interested in yours too James.

Unquote.

Do we (humanity) deserve punishment? What did we do? I didn’t ask to be born only to receive punishment. It is really unfair if I and others were borne only to deserve punishment of something we didn’t do, especially if that “punishment” is named DEATH.

I didn’t want to be born only for to die without knowing what my fault is, or because of the fault of another person. If that is the case, where my fate and others (humanity) is to be born only for to die due to some one fault; then God is unjust and really unfair if He let this happen without taking any action to safe me (humanity). I didn’t deserve the death caused by Adam’s fault! Am I correct?

So, in this case, I would answer you Mark; NO, I don’t believe Christ died to take the punishment that we deserve, because we didn’t deserve this punishment. But I don’t believe either that Christ died to take the punishment we didn’t deserve, because even sin is inevitable but God is not responsible and must make good what sin has destroyed. Am I correct?

In His love

James S

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73335
04/24/06 02:51 AM
04/24/06 02:51 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Tom.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts in simple words.

So, Christ is a gift, and act part of God for the sake of humanity, to safe them.

Why? Is He responsible for what happened to man?

In His love

James S

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73336
04/24/06 03:06 AM
04/24/06 03:06 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quoted from Darius post:
If we don't understand creation we can never understand salvation.
Unquote.

So, Darius, it is time you tell me; Why humanity need redemption? Why God could not just forgives those who lived by faith in Him and open the door of heaven for them? Would they not have a heart and attitude that suits them to live in heaven?

In His love

James S

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!