WELCOME
=======

I wish to welcome all of you, both older and newer members, to what is, hopefully, the new and improved version of Maritime SDA OnLine.

CONVERSION GLITCHES
===================

As far as I can tell the glitches have just about been completely taken care of. If you are still experiencing any type of a problem, accessing, posting, or whatever, please let me know.

CONVERSION TASK
===============

As a result of this recent conversion all the members group forums access permissions needs to be done individually. As this is a major task, I am only doing it to those who have accessed MSDAOL since the conversion. Once they have veen done, I will then look at doing the other ones.

CONVERSION FEATURES
===================

Since conversion, we all now have enhanced capabilities as listed below:

1 - Favourite Topic Feature - Every member can now elect to make any topic into a favourite topic. When you do this you can receive an email whenever anything is posted in that favourite topic.

2 - Hidden Forums Feature - Forums into which a person doesn't have access are hidden to that person as if that forum didn't even exist. I especially like this feature. For example, only the women who have access into the forum for women only can actually see that forum on the Main Index of forums.

3 - Private Message Feature - You can now have up to 200 private messages. Prior to conversion, we could only have up to 60 private messages.

4 - Ignore A User Feature - You can choose to ignore the posts of a particular user, if you wish. Posts from an ignored user will still be shown to preserve the flow of the conversation; however, the body of the ignored user’s posts will be set to “You are ignoring this user”. To ignore a user, click his/her username to go to the profile and click “ignore this user”. You cannot ignore a Moderator or Admin.

5 - Who's OnLine - You can now see who is online and what they are doing. Users, if they so choose, can set their profile so they can't be seen online.

I think I especially covered the new features that MSDAOL now has to offer.

Any questions or comments? Please post them here or send me a PM or an email.

Thank you & God bless!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine