HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7928
06/21/01 07:09 PM
06/21/01 07:09 PM
F
frenchmon  Offline
Posting New Member
???
"Is it a test of fellowship?

How about this one:

Is it a test of our relationship with Jesus Christ? "

Is it a test for who???--frenchmon

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7929
06/26/01 06:16 AM
06/26/01 06:16 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
In Malachi the whole Hebrew nation was called a thief & corrupt church polluters, because they did not express their allegience to the sovrienty of God, through Tithe paying & they were Sabbath breakers.

Both Tithe & offerings, and Sabbath keeping constitute two visible facets that demonstrate a saving relationship with Jesus or not. Inorder to be a saving relationship, outward performance has to modify into internal & external performance of Scripture & SOP terms, for it is God who defines what He will accept or reject.

Both the fact and process of tithe & offerings & Sabbathkeeping are visible actions that demonstrate the inner workings of the heart through tangible actions. Whether you or God sets the terms of your worship, will soon be seen by your responces toward Tithe, Offerings, Sabbath.

His terms are seen by what Scripture compiles and SOP amplifies. Herein Scripture & SOP causes a revealing of the thoughts & intents of the heart through how you decide and follow through upon your treatment of the compiled weight of the revealed evidence.

Belief as used as a Biblical term denotes action based upon something.

1. Information
2. Conviction
3. Desire
4. Action

These four simplified steps = Biblical use of the concept of belief.

Tithe & Sabbathkeeping are two visible means of demonstrating belief. That belief manifests as belief in what God has revealed, as He has revealed it; or belief that the human sets the terms and so does what is right in his own eyes and ignores or reinterpretes revealed Scripture & SOP.

Growth means that the better you understand, the closer to what you do understand you follow.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7930
06/26/01 08:55 PM
06/26/01 08:55 PM
F
frenchmon  Offline
Posting New Member
???
Brother Sutton wrote:

In Malachi the whole Hebrew nation was called a thief & corrupt church polluters, because they did not express their allegience to the sovrienty of God,
through Tithe paying & they were Sabbath breakers."

Brother Sutton...While this is true of them under the O/T this is not the case with us is it under the N/T??? If so, then what about a Sabbath Mile???

You also wrote this:

"Both Tithe & offerings, and Sabbath keeping constitute two visible facets that demonstrate a saving relationship with Jesus or not."

So you are saying if a person gives only a very libral offering and no tithe he is not saved??? If he does not keep the sabbath he is lost???

I see nothing under the New Covenant that demonstrates this logic.

You make salvation a matter of works...and not saving faith which brings the Justification and sanctification of our Lord..

..--frenchmon

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7931
06/26/01 09:58 PM
06/26/01 09:58 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Frenchmon, you extrapolate great, but way off the mark. Ed in no way implied what you've said. What does sanctification mean? Yes, it's the work of God in us, but there will be visible signs of being made holy. If this can't be expected, then there is no hope for alcoholics. Tithes and offerings come from the heart, and the bigger the heart, the more fastidious a person is regarding giving God His money to support the ministry, and sacrificing the portion which is ours to help our fellow man. It's no sacrifice to give away God's portion. A sense of freedom is no indication that we're doing the right thing.

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7932
06/27/01 04:39 AM
06/27/01 04:39 AM
F
frenchmon  Offline
Posting New Member
???
ZYPH...may I extrapolate some more???

You said:

"Tithes and offerings come from the heart"

Thats my whole point...it comes from a saving relationship with God...I understood Brother Suttons position one of "law" and salvation is not based upon law but "Grace"

Now having said that, we can't say one is not saved because he does not tithe...God decides that.

The passage in Malachi is based upon law...--frenchmon

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7933
06/28/01 02:05 AM
06/28/01 02:05 AM
L
lisa  Offline
gwinn mich U.S.A.
Hi everyone! I'm stickn' my nose in here K. In Malachi 3:7-10 it talks about why we should tithe, and then after in 11 on it talks of the blessings that will come from it. I believe and know from personall experience that tithing is a speceal blessing! How you do it, is for the Holy Spirit to show you and between you and God. I hope this helps the discussion.

Re: Are We Required to Tithe? #7934
06/28/01 11:13 PM
06/28/01 11:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Hello Everyone, this has been a rewarding study for me. I really, really appreciate the deep issues being discused. Wow, it's where the rubber meets the road, as they say.

Truly tithes and offerings are non-negotiable. They are as required of us as obedience to the law. Yes, God loves a cheerful giver, and it should flow from a grateful heart. But nevertheless, it must flow.

Which is good news to me. Because I'm not always a cheerful giver, especially when the chips are down. There are times when I fulfill my obligation to tithe and give offerings even when it scares me to do so. It takes alot of faith to give when it looks like I'm the needy one.

And I would like to say that each time I give I'm blessed in material ways. But not so. I have gone hungry, and I have been seriously inconvenienced. It hurts sometimes to obey.

But I'm okay with that. Was it any different for Jesus? I pay tithe and give offerings because I believe it's what God requires of me. And I also keep in mind that He requires it of me for reasons that makes sense to Him even though it doesn't always feel good to do it.

What does feel good though is knowing that I'm doing something that does make sense to God, and I'm very content with that. If God is happy, then I'm happy. He is so much more informed than I'll ever be, and if paying tithe and giving offerings is the right thing to do, then by the grace of God I'll do it, even through gritted teeth if need be.

Know what I mean?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!