HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8367
10/11/01 03:23 AM
10/11/01 03:23 AM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
CEREMONIAL VS. MORAL LAW

Since the word “ceremonial” is not in the Bible, but is used by Ellen White, we need to go to her writings to see how she defines “ceremonial.” Over and over she defined “ceremonial” as the sacrificial system and the offerings such as the wine and grain offerings that accompanied these sacrifices. The following four quotes show that she defines “ceremonial” in this manner.

The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ,to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. THEN ALL THE SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS WERE TO CEASE. It is this law that Christ "took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross." Colossians 2:14. PP p. 365.

"In the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease." In A.D. 31, three and a half years after His baptism, our Lord was crucified. With the great sacrifice offered upon Calvary, ended that system of offerings which for four thousand years had pointed forward to the Lamb of God. Type had met antitype, and ALL THE SACRIFICES AND OBLATIONS OF THE CEREMONIAL SYSTEM WERE THERE TO CEASE. GC p. 327.

“We have the types and the shadows in the CEREMONIAL laws, and these were to last
until they should meet the reality. The SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS were continually revealing the fact that Christ was coming to our world, and when type met antitype in the death of Christ, then the sacrificial offerings, typifying Christ, were no more of any value, but the royal law of God could not be changed.” Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, July 15, 1890.

The Jewish ceremonial law has passed away. The temple is in ruins. Jerusalem was given up to be destroyed. But the law of the ten commandments lives, and will live through the eternal ages. The need for the service of sacrifices and offerings ceased when type met anti-type in the death of Christ. In him the shadow reached the substance. The Lamb of God was a complete and perfect offering. Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, October 10, 1899.

Even though the ceremonial law of the sacrificial system with its oblations (offerings such as the grain and wine offerings) ceased at the cross, there are still beautiful lessons to be learned in it as the following quote states. " The gospel of Christ sheds light upon the Jewish economy and gives significance to the ceremonial law. As new truths are revealed, and that which has been known from the beginning is brought into clearer light, the character and purposes of God are made manifest in His dealings with His chosen people. Every additional ray of light that we receive gives us a clearer understanding of the plan of redemption, which is the working out of the divine will in the salvation of man. We see new beauty and force in the inspired word, and we study its pages with a deeper and more absorbing interest. PP p. 367.

The following quote shows that Paul clearly understood the difference between the moral and ceremonial laws and never taught people to keep the ceremonial laws. "Paul longed to be fully united with these. He had done all in his power to remove the prejudice and distrust so unjustly excited because he presented the gospel to the Gentiles without the restrictions of the ceremonial law. Sketches From the Life of Paul p. 208.

Yet, Paul taught his converts to keep the feasts, thus showing that the feasts are not ceremonial. "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. Therefore let us KEEP the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." "At Philippi Paul tarried to KEEP the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle's converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p. 390-391.

Ellen White tells us that the Mosaic law was not done away with at the cross, thus showing that the Mosaic law, except for the sacrificial system, is still valid. “In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. THEY WERE NOT SHADOWY TYPES TO PASS AWAY WITH THE DEATH OF CHRIST. They were to be binding upon men in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. ST April 15, 1875.

Here’s another quote that says the same. “That the obligations of the Decalogue might be more fully understood and enforced, additional precepts were given, illustrating and applying the principles of the Ten Commandments. These laws were called judgments, both because they were framed in infinite wisdom and equity and because the magistrates were to give judgment according to them.” PP p. 310. This quote is saying that the Mosaic law gives further explanation to the Ten Commandments. Sometimes we attend a Jewish Messianic congregation and they told us that the Ten Commandments are the chapter titles in the book of the law, and the Mosaic Law is the content of those chapters. Thus, if we throw out the contents of each chapter, we are left to decide what God meant by each Ten Commandment. Since our sinful minds are very faulty, shouldn’t we let God Himself define what He meant by each commandment? To do so we must go to the Mosaic law.

Here’s an example of the above. This quote of Ellen White’s shows that the clean and unclean meat regulation was not a ceremonial law proving that not all in the Mosaic law beyond the Ten Commandments is considered "ceremonial." “The angel's prohibition included "every unclean thing." The distinction between articles of food as clean and unclean was not a merely ceremonial and arbitrary regulation, but was based upon sanitary principles.” PP p. 562

The following quote shows that all laws in the OT (moral and ceremonial and Mosaic) were under two categories--either moral or ceremonial. Thus the clean/unclean meat laws have to be under the moral law of the 10 Commandments. Which Commandment is it under? "Thou shalt not kill." "-God's people, whom He calls His peculiar
treasure, were privileged with a two-fold system of law; the moral and the ceremonial. The one, pointing back to creation to keep in remembrance the living God who made the world, whose claims are binding upon all men in every dispensation, and which will exist through all time and eternity. The other, given because of man's transgression of the moral law, the obedience to which consisted in sacrifices and offerings pointing to the future redemption. Each is clear and distinct from the other." SDA Bible Commentary Vol. 6 p. 1094.

Ellen White and the Bible tell us that everything that Paul taught to others had been taught to him directly by Jesus. “In the solitude of the desert, Paul had ample opportunity for quiet study and meditation. There he calmly reviewed his past experiences, and made
sure work of repentance. He sought God with all his heart, resting not until he knew for a certainty that his repentance was accepted, and his great sin pardoned. He longed for the assurance that Jesus would be with him in his coming ministry. During his sojourn in Arabia, he EMPTIED HIS SOUL OF THE PREJUDICES AND TRADITIONS that had shaped his life, and received instruction from the Source of truth. Jesus communed with him, and ESTABLISHED HIM IN HIS FAITH, bestowing upon him a rich measure of divine wisdom and grace.” Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, March 30, 1911. “The doctrines which he preached had been revealed to him by the Lord Jesus Christ. Sketches From the Life of Paul, p. 190. The Bible also confirms the same. “But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man, for I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” “Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do, and the God of peace shall be with you.” Philippians 4:9.

Interestingly, Ellen White tells us that Jesus, when He lived on earth, never participated in the ceremonial system even before His death. Why? Because He never sinned and because He is our example for those of us who live after the cross. “Christ passed through all the experiences of His childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship.” The Bible Echo p. 7. “For even hereunto were ye called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example that ye should follow His steps.” 1 Peter 3:21. This means that everything that He did came under the moral law, since there are only two laws as earlier pointed out.

Notice that Jesus kept the feasts and also invited others to do the same. Since He did not observe the ceremonial laws, then Jesus must have put the feasts under the moral law. Jesus traveled up and down the breadth of the land, giving his invitation to the feast. When the sun illuminated the landscape, Jesus said to the vast throng: "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." He took the opportunity of presenting himself to the people during the
feast-days, when they gathered at Jerusalem. Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, July 7, 1896.

Which of the Ten Commandments do the feasts come under? The Seventh-day Sabbath. Here’s proof. “Again the people were reminded of the sacred obligation of THE sabbath. Yearly feasts were appointed…” PP p. 311.

The feasts are called statutes. See Leviticus 23. Also remember that Ellen White said the Mosaic law is still binding and called this law “statutes.” (Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern everyday life. These STATUTES were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. THEY WERE NOT SHADOWY TYPES TO PASS AWAY WITH THE DEATH OF CHRIST. ST April 15, 1875) Now notice the following statutes quotes.

“The great God has a law by which to govern His kingdom, and those who trample upon that law will one day find that they are amenable to its statutes.” (FE 331)

“The sacred statutes which Satan has hated and sought to destroy, will be honored throughout a sinless universe.” Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 342.

“As men, women, and children proclaim the gospel, the Lord will open the eyes of the blind to see His statutes, and will write upon the hearts of the truly penitent His law. The animating Spirit of God, working through human agencies, leads the believers to be of one mind, one soul, unitedly loving God and keeping His commandments--preparing here below for translation.” (RH Oct. 13, 1904). {7BC 984.3}

“That God who reads the hearts of everyone, will bring to light hidden things of darkness where they are often least suspected, that stumbling blocks which have hindered the progress of truth may be removed, and God have a clean and holy people to declare His statutes and judgments.” {1T 332.3}

If they would be faithful to obey all the statutes of God they would have a power which would carry conviction to the hearts of the unbelieving. {2T 446.2}

Since both the Bible and Ellen White tell us that what Paul preached was taught him from Jesus, and since Jesus in our Example in all things, then we should do as Jesus and Paul did and keep the feasts as well.

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8368
10/15/01 04:06 AM
10/15/01 04:06 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Jean,

I'm really enjoying reading your posts!

You have done alot of study, and I respect anyone who can study deep.

Have you ever done a study of the laws given by Moses that explain the 10 commandments??

Putting them under their respective commands??

I would love to see 10 threads by you putting this information in here. I'm assuming that you already have them in your computer in a document that you would only need to copy??

If you don't already have this, then maybe we can help study these out and put them in their proper places...

What are the Bible chapters involved in these laws??

Thanks for all your sharing your deep study!

God Bless!

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8369
10/18/01 05:06 PM
10/18/01 05:06 PM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
Karen, I haven't written such a paper, but I have considered doing so. Now your request will spur me on. I work full time, but I'll do it as fast as I can.

We do have a friend who is a retired SDA minister who has written a book on the Jewish economy (Mosaic laws) and has some very fascinating things to say about it--if you want more info on this subject. He has also written a book entitled "New Light." The first book is entitled "Holy History with the Commandments, Statutes, and Judgments." To order these books just call him at Bible Explorations, 559-535-5441. His address is P.O. Box 10965, Terra Bella, CA 93270. If you are interested in this subject I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you get these two books. You will be amazed at what is in them.

Here's a few of Ellen White's comments on the Jewish economy. When I read the quote in COL as a teenager I remember thinking that there is something incredible in the Jewish economy that we don't know and that we need to study. I didn't study it out at the time, but I never forgot that quote and it was ever in the recesses of my mind. As an adult I have studied it out and have been astounded as to what my husband and I have found. Here's some of Ellen White's quotes about the Jewish economy.

The gospel of he gospel of Christ reflects glory upon the Jewish age. It sheds light upon the whole Jewish economy, and gives significance to the ceremonial law. The
tabernacle, or temple, of God on earth was a pattern of the original in heaven. All the ceremonies of the Jewish law were prophetic, typical of mysteries in the plan of redemption. SDA Bible Comm, Vol. 6, p. 1095.

The system of Jewish economy was the gospel in figure, a presentation of Christianity which was to be developed as fast as the minds of the people could comprehend spiritual light. Satan ever seeks to make obscure the truths that are plain, and Christ ever seeks to open the mind to comprehend every essential truth concerning the salvation of fallen man. To this day there are still aspects of truth which are dimly seen, connections that are not understood, and far-reaching depths in the law of God that are uncomprehended. There is immeasurable breadth, dignity, and glory in the law of God; and yet the religious world has set aside this law, as did the Jews, to exalt the traditions and commandments of men. Fundaments of Christian Education p. 238.

The significance of the Jewish economy is not yet fully comprehended. Truths vast and profound are shadowed forth in its rites and symbols. The gospel is the key that unlocks its mysteries. Through a knowledge of the plan of redemption, its truths are opened to the understanding. Far more than we do, it is our privilege to understand these wonderful themes. We are to comprehend the deep things of God. Angels desire to look into the truths that are revealed to the people who with contrite hearts are searching the word of God, and praying for greater lengths and breadths and depths and heights of the knowledge which He alone can give. Christ’s Object Lesson p. 133.

Let not man mock the ancient Jewish economy, of which Christ was the Originator, and the One to whom the types and shadows pointed. In these types and shadows is revealed the everlasting Gospel. Signs of the Times, 1-13-1898.

If you are tired of the milk of the gospel--study the Jewish economy. It contains the meat and it is very beautiful.

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8370
10/18/01 05:09 PM
10/18/01 05:09 PM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
Karen, also get Haskell's book entitled "The Cross and Its Shadow." It's in the ABC and is a deep study on the Jewish economy. I remember reading this book with deep interest and fascination for my worships. Every day I could hardly wait till worship time to read more. I felt like a dry desert soaking up every drop of rain that I could find in this book, and it was wonderful.

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8371
10/19/01 01:28 AM
10/19/01 01:28 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Jean,

Thanks! for your answer.

What are the Bible book and chapters where these laws are listed... is it mostly in the 5 books that Moses wrote??

Say Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy??

Cuz I'd love to help do this one at a time in here... you sure don't need to do the whole thing all by yourself!

You've also mentioned a Jewish Bible... I'd like to get one that has the Hebrew text in one line - not with the drawings of the words but using our letters... like Strong's has it... and beneath it the English meaning.

Have you run across a good one like that??
Do they also have the NT that way too??

You can tell I don't know much about it
but I want to learn.

Thanks for all your help!

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8372
10/21/01 03:46 AM
10/21/01 03:46 AM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
Karen, such a study will be great fun! I have an idea. In the second half of Elder VanDenburgh's book Holy History, he has printed all the Mosaic laws. The great thing that he did was that he repeats each Mosaic law just once. In the first 5 books of the Bible sometimes these laws are repeated more than once. So, he condensed it down considerably. I'm going to phone him and see if he will let me have these Mosaic laws that he has in his computer from doing this book by putting them on a CD for me and mailing it to me. Then, I won't have to re-type each law. It will just be a matter of reorganizing them under each of the ten commandments. Doing that on the computer should be fairly fast and easy.

If you want to help me on the subject, I'll request 2 CD's--one for each of us. Then, one of us can take the first half and one of us take the second half--then you send your CD to me and I'll combine them. How's that?

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8373
10/25/01 02:49 PM
10/25/01 02:49 PM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
It's great to see this forum up and running again! Karen, yes, a Bible does exist that has the original language and beneath it the English translation. I don't have one but I've seen one. A Bible Bookstore should be able to help you.

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8374
10/26/01 08:33 AM
10/26/01 08:33 AM
mikk  Offline
NSW, Australia
Interesting topic! Karen, I started by just using the concordance and the Strong's numbers and references to Greek and Hebrew words. It was VERY time-consuming. Then I found a good computer program that did all the cross referencing so much faster than I could. The program I use is 'BibleWorks for Windows' published by Hermeneutika. I am sure there are a lot of other similar programs out there.
btw I love the book by Haskel - and did you know that EGW read it and enjoyed it too.

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8375
10/26/01 09:24 AM
10/26/01 09:24 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Jean, in Acts the struggle of the early church in dealing with Judaizing Christians is documented. It gives a short list of what the elders and apostles decided was required of gentile Christians. I don't think the feasts are one of the requirements. Also, Ellen White, a thorough student of the Mosaic law, didn't keep them as far as we know, and she didn't say directly that we should.

On the other hand your quotes by her are interesting and do provide evidence that she believed they should be kept. I've always been fascinated by the fact that in heaven, the feast of the New Moons will be kept, along with the Sabbath, and wondered if it isn't still to be observed. Isaiah 66:23

Re: Ceremonial Vs. Moral Law--You'll Be Surprised #8376
10/26/01 06:19 PM
10/26/01 06:19 PM
J
Jean Miller  Offline OP
USA
About Acts 15, read that chapter carefully and also the chapter Ellen White wrote about it in Acts of the Apostles. The discussion was over circumcision--not the whole Mosaic Law. Notice their conclusion. "For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well." Acts 15:5,28,29. Abstaining from blood is directly from the Mosaic Law! So if they were doing away with the Mosaic Law why did they keep this law? Also, if this is all they required of the Gentile converts--then what about the Ten Commandments and the Sabbath? Were they not requiring this of the Gentiles? The argument they were having were simply over circumcision and the things listed--eating meat offered to idols, things strangled, eating blood, and fornication. When people read Acts 15 they stop just there. Go just one more verse and read it, "For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day." Acts 15:21. So, what they were saying was, "These are the items of dispute, this is our conclusion, and as for the rest of the Mosaic Law, the Gentiles will learn about it when they go to the synagogue." They weren't doing away with the Mosaic Law at all.

Read the entire chapter that Ellen White wrote about Acts 15. It is entitled "Jew and Gentile" in Acts of the Apostles and begins on p. 188.

Ellen White says what the issues were over. Here it is: "With great assurance these Judaizing teachers asserted that in order to be saved, one must be circumcised and must keep the entire ceremonial law...They insisted that the Jewish laws and ceremonies should be incorporated into the rites of the Christian religion. They were slow to discern that all of the SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS had but prefigured the death of the Son of God, in which type met antitype, and after which the rites and ceremonies of the Mosaic dispensation were no longer binding."

I did a study from the Ellen White CD on the word "ceremonial" and found that over and over and over she defines "ceremonial" as being the "sacrificial system"--just like she does in the above quote.

Here's a couple more quotes to see how Ellen White defines "ceremonial."
The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ,to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. THEN ALL THE SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS WERE TO CEASE. It is this law that Christ "took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross." Colossians 2:14. PP p. 365.

"In the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease." In A.D. 31, three and a half years after His baptism, our Lord was crucified. With the great sacrifice offered upon Calvary, ended that system of offerings which for four thousand years had pointed forward to the Lamb of God. Type had met antitype, and ALL THE SACRIFICES AND OBLATIONS OF THE CEREMONIAL SYSTEM WERE THERE TO CEASE. GC p. 327. ("Oblations" means "offerings" in Strong's Concordance. This would have been the grain, wine, oil offerings, etc., that went along with the sacrificial system."

Thus, "ceremonial" is the SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM ONLY and not the entire Mosaic law. Otherwise, she would conflict with herself in the following quote: “In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. THEY WERE NOT SHADOWY TYPES TO PASS AWAY WITH THE DEATH OF CHRIST. They were to be binding upon men in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. ST April 15, 1875.

Brethren, don't make Ellen White conflict with herself. We find truth when we put all the Bible and Ellen White quotes on the subject together and then find the harmony and balance. They don't conflict with each other at all.

Now, notice in this chapter from Acts of the Apostles about the conference in Acts 15. Notice that this conference was scheduled at the feast time in Jerusalem because the various delegates from the Christian Churches were already coming to Jerusalem to KEEP the feast. Here it is: "In the church at Antioch the consideration of the question of CIRCUMCISION (not the whole Mosaic law) resulted in much discussion and contention. Finally, the members of the church, fearing that a division among them would be the outcome of the continued discussion, decided to send Paul and Barnabas, with some responsible men from the church, to Jerusalem to lay the matter before the apostles and elders. THERE THEY WERE TO MEET DELEGATES FROM THE DIFFERENT CHURCHES AND THOSE WHO HAD COME TO JERUSALEM TO ATTEND THE APPROACHING FESTIVALS." AA p. 190.

Now notice that some of these Jewish Christians were angry with Paul because they saw he was tossing out some of the ceremonies of Judaism (sacrificial system as Ellen White already said). "When they saw the Christian church departing from the ceremonies and traditions of Judaism, and perceived that the peculiar sacredness with which the Jewish customs had been invested would soon be lost sight of in the light of the new faith, many grew indignant with Paul as theh one who had, in a large measure, caused this change." AA p. 197.

So we see that Paul had departed from the Jewish customs which were supposed to be done away with. However, Paul is still KEEPING the feasts. Here it is:

"But bid them farewell, saying, I (Paul) must by all means KEEP this feast that cometh in Jerusalem." Acts 19:21.

"Therefore let US KEEP the feast." 1 Corinthians 5:8.

"And we (Paul and friends) sailed away from Philippi AFTER the days of unleavened bread." Acts 20:6. Why after? Because Unleavened Bread contained two sabbaths in it. Here's what Ellen White says about this very text. "At Philippi Paul tarried to KEEP the Passover." AA p. 390.

Brethren, does not this evidence affect you? I've proved in the above quotes that Paul was accused of doing away with the ceremonial law yet he KEPT the feasts. Obviously Paul did not consider the feasts part of the ceremonial law. Then, I proved to you what Ellen White means by "ceremonial." It is the sacrificial system only and NOT the whole Mosaic law, or else why did she say that the Mosaic law was NOT DONE AWAY WITH AT THE CROSS? We must not pit the Bible against itself, Ellen White against herself, or Ellen White against the Bible. The only safety is by taking ALL the quotes on the subject, putting them together, and then truth emerges.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!