HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? #84170
01/17/07 11:24 PM
01/17/07 11:24 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Pastor Johann,

That's great, but I do not equate levity with laughter. Do you?

Quote:
There are persons with a diseased imagination to whom religion is a tyrant, ruling them as with a rod of iron. Such are constantly mourning over their depravity and groaning over supposed evil. Love does not exist in their hearts; a frown is ever upon their countenances. They are chilled by the innocent laugh from the youth or from anyone. They consider all recreation or amusement a sin and think that the mind must be constantly wrought up to just such a stern, severe pitch. {AH 493.1}

The Rasmussens had several children and a sister-in-law living with them. The latter had lived in Battle Creek years before and had met Ellen White there. She had thoroughly prepared her nephews, the Rasmussen boys, to dread the visit of the prophet. Her philosophy was that it was a sin for children to play with toys or laugh, and claimed that Sister White backed up her cheerless views. {5BIO 139.3}
The boys were amazed when Ellen White on meeting them, turned to her son and asked, "Willie, where are those things for the boys?" Willie produced two packages, each containing a toy train. The boys were delighted, and no doubt were careful to display them for their aunt's benefit! Ellen and Willie enjoyed a good meal at the Rasmussens' and Kings', topped off with one of Mrs. Rasmussen's Danish Christmas cakes, which Willie enjoyed so much that he asked for the recipe. He spiced the meal with a few interesting and humorous stories. At first the Rasmussen boys were afraid to laugh, but when they saw Ellen White smile and heard Elder White laugh at his own stories, they soon joined in. Sister White had no objection to a little sensible humor. Loud, hilarious laughter she detested. {5BIO 139.4}

So you see, there is such a thing as innocent laughter.

Even so, that does not give us the authority to dismiss one jot or tittle from inspiration. In light of the positive statements about laughter, how are we to understand the negative statements about levity, joking, jesting, etc?

Here's one from my files that is not commonly known:
Quote:
Christ is our example. Do you imitate the great Exemplar? Christ often wept but never was known to laugh. I do not say it is a sin to laugh on any occasion. But we cannot go astray if we imitate the divine, unerring Pattern. {6MR 91.1}

Heavy, isn't it?

You related an anecdote from ML Andreasen about EGW laughing. I put up an anecdote from 5BIO about EGW laughing. But now we have an inspired statement about Christ NOT laughing.

Shall we look to inspired counsel or to the actions of men/women? If we are looking at actions, have we been given an example other than Christ?

=====

Creating a new topic out of this post and subsequent posts. - Daryl

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 01/18/07 02:13 PM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: asygo] #84174
01/18/07 12:30 AM
01/18/07 12:30 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Personally I think we must, like you indicate, compare one with the other. It is evident that Ellen never condemned innocent laughter. She states "I do not say it is a sin to laugh on any occasion." So who are you or I to say she says it is a sin? I understand her as claiming we must not let one quotation of hers stand alone, if we find something else elsewhere which seems to contradict. She also stated that it is not the words that are inspired, but the writer who is inspired, and then tries in her own human language to tell what God has revealed.

This is not merely my opinion, but is the counsel EGW herself has given.

=====

Subject name change only. - Daryl

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 01/18/07 02:53 PM.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: Johann] #84180
01/18/07 03:20 AM
01/18/07 03:20 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Johann
It is evident that Ellen never condemned innocent laughter. She states "I do not say it is a sin to laugh on any occasion." So who are you or I to say she says it is a sin?

She does not condemn innocent laughter, but there is laughter that she condemns. I posted a 5T quote where she says so. How do we tell one kind from the other?

She also stated that it is not the words that are inspired, but the writer who is inspired, and then tries in her own human language to tell what God has revealed.

I agree. But how do we put this into practice? Do we follow what she does or what she says?

Peter wrote a couple of inspired books. But does that mean we should do as he did when the Jews came to eat? Was Paul wrong in rebuking him?

When I preach, I try to always stick to the teachings found in the Bible and SOP. I try to set before the people the high calling to which we have been called. And when such a calling is found in inspired writings, I feel fully authorized to proclaim it as loud as I can.

But I must confess that I do not always reach that high calling. No matter the lofty heights to which I aspire, the fact is that I often fall far short.

Does that mean that I don't mean what I say in the pulpit? Or that my actions should mitigate the force of my words? Certainly, power in my life will give power to my words, but the truth is the truth whether or not I obey it myself.

Is it possible that EGW laid down a God-given principle, which she sometimes failed to fulfill?

Quote:
None of the apostles and prophets ever claimed to be without sin. Men who have lived the nearest to God, men who would sacrifice life itself rather than knowingly commit a wrong act, men whom God has honored with divine light and power, have confessed the sinfulness of their nature. {AA 561.1}

Is it possible that EGW sinned?

=====

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 01/18/07 02:52 PM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: asygo] #84191
01/18/07 08:18 AM
01/18/07 08:18 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
We have a lot to learn from the Pharisees!!!!!!! If you got an earache on Friday and put a cotton pad with oil into the ear you could still wear it on Sabbath. But if it fell out of the ear on Sabbath you must not pick it up and put it back into the ear, because that was lifing a burden on Sabbath. But if needed you could put a cotton pad with no oil in it on Sabbath. That was below the mark of a burden.

So why don't we in these modern times use a volume meter and have one of our saints declare how laud the laughter can be in order to be innocent? Is there any other way we could determine if it is sin or not? Any other practical solution?

=====

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 01/18/07 02:50 PM.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: asygo] #84192
01/18/07 08:44 AM
01/18/07 08:44 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: asygo
Pastor Johann,

That's great, but I do not equate levity with laughter. Do you?

Quote:
There are persons with a diseased imagination to whom religion is a tyrant, ruling them as with a rod of iron. Such are constantly mourning over their depravity and groaning over supposed evil. Love does not exist in their hearts; a frown is ever upon their countenances. They are chilled by the innocent laugh from the youth or from anyone. They consider all recreation or amusement a sin and think that the mind must be constantly wrought up to just such a stern, severe pitch. {AH 493.1}

The Rasmussens had several children and a sister-in-law living with them. The latter had lived in Battle Creek years before and had met Ellen White there. She had thoroughly prepared her nephews, the Rasmussen boys, to dread the visit of the prophet. Her philosophy was that it was a sin for children to play with toys or laugh, and claimed that Sister White backed up her cheerless views. {5BIO 139.3}
The boys were amazed when Ellen White on meeting them, turned to her son and asked, "Willie, where are those things for the boys?" Willie produced two packages, each containing a toy train. The boys were delighted, and no doubt were careful to display them for their aunt's benefit! Ellen and Willie enjoyed a good meal at the Rasmussens' and Kings', topped off with one of Mrs. Rasmussen's Danish Christmas cakes, which Willie enjoyed so much that he asked for the recipe. He spiced the meal with a few interesting and humorous stories. At first the Rasmussen boys were afraid to laugh, but when they saw Ellen White smile and heard Elder White laugh at his own stories, they soon joined in. Sister White had no objection to a little sensible humor. Loud, hilarious laughter she detested. {5BIO 139.4}

Whats the difference between telling humorous stories and joking?

Main Entry: 1joke
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
Quote:

So you see, there is such a thing as innocent laughter.

Even so, that does not give us the authority to dismiss one jot or tittle from inspiration. In light of the positive statements about laughter, how are we to understand the negative statements about levity, joking, jesting, etc?
Maybe we(you?) are closer to the sour Mrs Rasmussen than to the happy Mrs White? Maybe we do as the jews did with sabbath. Since making fun of others is wrong, we must guard against it and the easiest way to do so is making sure we are not having fun at all.
This seems illustrated in this sentence that I copy from post 84180 in this thread. Some laughter is wrong so lets for heavens sake not laugh at all.

"She does not condemn innocent laughter, but there is laughter that she condemns. I posted a 5T quote where she says so. How do we tell one kind from the other?"
Quote:

Here's one from my files that is not commonly known:
Quote:
Christ is our example. Do you imitate the great Exemplar? Christ often wept but never was known to laugh. I do not say it is a sin to laugh on any occasion. But we cannot go astray if we imitate the divine, unerring Pattern. {6MR 91.1}

Heavy, isn't it?
Heavier than even Ellen (if the MR collection is in context) or the compilers (if it is a mere quote collection) would have it.

He [Jesus] is the joy and light of the world. "He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness" John 8:12. Heaven is all light, peace, and joy. Jesus says, "Ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" John 16:24. {6MR 90.1}

Jesus had grief, but He did not carry it in His face. Wherever He moved blessings followed in His track. Joy and gladness were imparted to the children of men. Children loved to be in His presence. He took them in His arms. Christ was an earnest, thoughtful man, an intense worker for the good of others, but He was never frowning or gloomy. The calm, steady light of a holy peace was expressed in His life and character. His presence hushed levity and none could be in His presence without feeling that life was earnest, serious, charged with a great responsibility. The more I know of Jesus' character the more cheerful I am."--Ms 1, 1867, p. 8. ("Reminiscent Account of James White's Sickness and Recovery," written in early 1880's.) {6MR 90.2}

Not to speak of the bible, to quote a few:

Jesus told a parable concluding it saying;
Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

agalliao
1) to exult, rejoice exceedingly, be exceeding glad
Quote:

You related an anecdote from ML Andreasen about EGW laughing. I put up an anecdote from 5BIO about EGW laughing. But now we have an inspired statement about Christ NOT laughing.

Shall we look to inspired counsel or to the actions of men/women? If we are looking at actions, have we been given an example other than Christ?
We should strive to read the entire context of inspired counsel rather than settle for the crumbs that suit our personal fancy.

Quoted from the last part of post 84180;
Quote:
I agree. But how do we put this into practice? Do we follow what she does or what she says?

Peter wrote a couple of inspired books. But does that mean we should do as he did when the Jews came to eat? Was Paul wrong in rebuking him?

When I preach, I try to always stick to the teachings found in the Bible and SOP. I try to set before the people the high calling to which we have been called. And when such a calling is found in inspired writings, I feel fully authorized to proclaim it as loud as I can.

But I must confess that I do not always reach that high calling. No matter the lofty heights to which I aspire, the fact is that I often fall far short.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 ¶ What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 ¶ Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Doesnt this describe the same experience as you where giving in this post?

Also: 1Cr 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Quote:

Does that mean that I don't mean what I say in the pulpit? Or that my actions should mitigate the force of my words? Certainly, power in my life will give power to my words, but the truth is the truth whether or not I obey it myself.

Is it possible that EGW laid down a God-given principle, which she sometimes failed to fulfill?

Quote:

None of the apostles and prophets ever claimed to be without sin. Men who have lived the nearest to God, men who would sacrifice life itself rather than knowingly commit a wrong act, men whom God has honored with divine light and power, have confessed the sinfulness of their nature. {AA 561.1}

Is it possible that EGW sinned?
It is sertain that Ellen sinned. But did she sin by laughing and being joyfull? You have no good case for that IMO.

Psa 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psa 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all [ye that are] upright in heart.

=====

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 01/18/07 02:49 PM.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: vastergotland] #84200
01/18/07 02:21 PM
01/18/07 02:21 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As you can see, I created this new topic from many of those posts that were once in the Sabbath School forum topic, therefore, this topic can be continued here.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: Daryl] #84201
01/18/07 02:47 PM
01/18/07 02:47 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Let me give my own thoughts on this.

I feel it is OK to laugh as long as we are not cutting anybody or anything down from our laughter, however, sad to say, we are sometimes caught up in that kind of laughter, therefore, we need to be on our guard.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: Johann] #84219
01/18/07 09:06 PM
01/18/07 09:06 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
So why don't we in these modern times use a volume meter and have one of our saints declare how laud the laughter can be in order to be innocent? Is there any other way we could determine if it is sin or not? Any other practical solution?

Hmmm... I think I got a totally different message from the SOP quote than you did. I understand the important distinction to be one of context, not volume. Perhaps you are thinking of a quote where the SOP specifies how many decibels are allowed, one of which I am unaware?

Going to back to the quote I do know.

Quote:
The whispering and laughing and talking which might be without sin in a common business place should find no sanction in the house where God is worshiped. {5T 492.2}

The SOP says that there is laughter that is acceptable in a common place, but not in God's sanctuary. Are you saying that it is impossible to make such a distinction? Or that it would be Pharisaical to do so?

In my younger days, I used to tell jokes in my sermons. I was told that it was a good way to build rapport with the listeners. And since levity comes naturally to me, I found it very easy. Today, I exert great efforts to avoid the spirit of levity, especially while I preach.

I'm curious. Do you tell jokes during your sermons?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: vastergotland] #84221
01/18/07 09:17 PM
01/18/07 09:17 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: västergötland
Maybe we(you?) are closer to the sour Mrs Rasmussen than to the happy Mrs White?

It is foolish to make a hypothesis when one has no data.

Last edited by asygo; 01/18/07 09:18 PM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Is Humour and Laughter Acceptable, Unacceptable, or Both Acceptable and Unacceptable? [Re: vastergotland] #84224
01/18/07 09:34 PM
01/18/07 09:34 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Since making fun of others is wrong, we must guard against it and the easiest way to do so is making sure we are not having fun at all.
This seems illustrated in this sentence that I copy from post 84180 in this thread. Some laughter is wrong so lets for heavens sake not laugh at all.

"She does not condemn innocent laughter, but there is laughter that she condemns. I posted a 5T quote where she says so. How do we tell one kind from the other?"

You ascribe sentiments to me which are foreign to my thinking. Here you are drawing false conclusions from my statements, when I am here ready to clarify myself. You would do well to ask, rather than to assert.

Heavier than even Ellen (if the MR collection is in context) or the compilers (if it is a mere quote collection) would have it. ... We should strive to read the entire context of inspired counsel rather than settle for the crumbs that suit our personal fancy.

If you can so easily misrepresent my intentions and sentiments, what makes you think you can draw valid conclusions from the works of prophets long dead?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!