HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 103 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 102 103
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #84873
02/05/07 08:39 AM
02/05/07 08:39 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
TE: Interesting response. You give out a book written before the 1888 message was given written by someone who was not one of the 1888 messengers because you agree that it's important to study and understand the 1888 message.

MM: Steps to Christ was published in 1892.

Must (all?) of what was published in Steps to Christ was written before 1888. When it was published doesn't make a difference. What she wrote before 1888 could not have come from the 1888 message, which she hadn't heard yet.

TE: (btw, are you aware that Ellen White knew she did not bring the 1888 message? I'm asking this be you seem to be referring to her as if she had.)

MM: She was teaching it before 1888. SC is the best synthesis of the 1888 message available today.

I guess this means "no." (i.e. you're not aware that she knew she wasn't bringing the 1888 message)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #84882
02/05/07 02:04 PM
02/05/07 02:04 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Lay Sister White right to one side: lay her to one side. Don't you never quote my words again as long as you live, until you can obey the Bible. When you take the Bible and make that your food, and your meat, and your drink, and make that the elements of your character, when you can do that you will know better how to receive some counsel from God. But here is the Word, the precious Word, exalted before you today. And don't you give a rap any more what "Sister White said"-- "Sister White said this," and "Sister White said that," and "Sister White said the other thing." But say, "Thus saith the Lord God of Israel," and then you do just what the Lord God of Israel does, and what he says, {SpM 167.2}

Christ says, "I do the works of my Father. The works that I saw him do, I do." Now the works and the sentiments and the principles that we have seen, that God has manifest in dealing with one another, the

-168-

the purchase of the blood of Christ - only think of it. Here we are, the purchase of the blood of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. You just think of it. It cost his life. He was crucified for us, and yet here is the very instrumentality that God would have stand next to heaven, that God would have stand where the light of His glory can shine upon them in unmistakable rays, and they know that the light of heaven is with them. It is no emotion, but it is a living faith that is founded on a living Word and a living God, and the Saviour, who proclaimed over the sepulcher of Joseph. "I am the resurrection and the life." {SpM 167.3}

But don't you quote Sister White. I don't want you ever to quote Sister White until you get your vantage ground where you know where you are. Quote the Bible. Talk the Bible. It is full of meat, full of fatness. Carry it right out in your life, and you will know more Bible than you know now. You will have fresh matter - O, you will have precious matter; you won't be going over and over the same ground, and you will see a world saved. You will see souls for whom Christ has died. And I ask you to put on the armor, every piece of it, and be sure that your feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel. {SpM 174.1}

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: vastergotland] #84884
02/05/07 02:59 PM
02/05/07 02:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, what did Sister White learn from J&W in 1888 that is not clearly explained in SC?

Thomas, I have complied with Sister White's requirement for the right and privilege to use the SOP to support her interpretation of the Revelation. There is no way the future will not play out exactly the way it is described in the SOP.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #84895
02/05/07 05:30 PM
02/05/07 05:30 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Thomas, I have complied with Sister White's requirement for the right and privilege to use the SOP to support her interpretation of the Revelation. There is no way the future will not play out exactly the way it is described in the SOP.
He who lives will se...

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: vastergotland] #84898
02/05/07 07:31 PM
02/05/07 07:31 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, anything EGW learned from Jones and Waggoner wasn't explained in SC, because SC was written before she heard Jones and Waggoner preach.

Even after she heard the preach, she didn't bring the message they brought, because the Lord gave it to them, not her.

Quote:
"E.J. Waggoner can teach righteousness by faith more clearly than I can," said Sister White. "Why, Sister White," I said, "do you mean to say that E. J. Waggoner can teach it better than you can, with all your experience?" Sister White replied, "Yes, the Lord has given him special light on that question. I have been wanting to bring it out more clearly, but I could not have brought it out as clearly as he did. But when he brought it out at Minneapolis, I recognized it."

This is from J. S. Washburn, who was a delegate at the 1888 Conference who met with Ellen White.

Ellen White wrote that Jones and Waggoner brought us truth that we would not have had had they not brought it to us (unless the Lord sent someone else to bring that truth). She *never* stated that she presented the same message that they did, or that we could get their message by reading her writings.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #84917
02/06/07 01:42 AM
02/06/07 01:42 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, what did J&W teach in 1888 that is not clearly explained in SC?

LDE 200
The Lord in His great mercy sent a most precious message to His people through Elders [E.J.] Waggoner and [A. T.] Jones. This message was to bring more prominently before the world the uplifted Saviour, the sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. It presented justification through faith in the Surety; it invited the people to receive the righteousness of Christ, which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God. {LDE 200.1}

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #84918
02/06/07 01:44 AM
02/06/07 01:44 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, your unwillingness to accept the interpretation of the Revelation as described in the SOP is unsettling.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #84922
02/06/07 02:25 AM
02/06/07 02:25 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, what in my answer to your question did you not understand?

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #84929
02/06/07 01:02 PM
02/06/07 01:02 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Tom,

Quote:
In regards to Judas, is it possible that Judas could have not betrayed Christ?

Judas chose to betray Christ, and of course he could have chosen otherwise. But when the prophecy was pronounced, God already knew what he would do, and said this to strengthen the faith of His people in Him (John 13:19).

Every intelligent being in the universe has free will, including God. If you will define a conditional prophecy in terms of what those involved in it could choose, then every prophecy would be conditional, even those related to the plan of salvation. Christ could have changed His mind and chosen not to come to earth. After He came, He could have changed His mind and chosen to come back to heaven instead of dying for us (DA 690). Satan could choose at any moment to repent of his sins. Israel as a nation could have chosen not to reject Christ. The soldier could have chosen another method to verify Christ’s death instead of piercing His side. The man of sin could choose to not oppose God. And so on.

I think what defines a prophecy as conditional or unconditional is its purpose. The purpose of some prophecies is specifically to shed light upon the future, to show God’s omniscience (Isa. 46:9,10) or to guide God’s people. Of course the failing in the fulfillment of these prophecies would ruin God’s purpose. These are unconditional prophecies. God is telling exactly what will happen, because He knows it beforehand.

The purpose of some other prophecies is to motivate a nation, or a group of people, to follow God, through promises or threats. These are the conditional prophecies, and their fulfillment depends on the human response to God’s message.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Rosangela] #84934
02/06/07 03:26 PM
02/06/07 03:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TE: MM, what in my answer to your question did you not understand?

MM: I think I understood what you posted. What I want to know are a few examples of things J&W taught that Sister White did not explain in SC. I hear you saying God revealed things to J&W that He did not share with Sister White. What are some of those things?

PS - Just in case somebody feels this is off topic, please keep in mind that it relates to the third angel's message, which I believe is an unconditional prophecy.

Page 6 of 103 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 102 103

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!