HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Will] #86562
03/18/07 12:42 AM
03/18/07 12:42 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Looks like we have some major issues here:
 Quote:

MR No. 1134 - In the Mountains of Colorado

(Written in the Colorado mountains, diary entry for September 28, 1873.)

Brother Glover left the camp today to go for supplies. We are getting short of provisions. We got him the best we could for his meals on the way. He was to send Mr. Walling immediately and to get our mail. A young man from Nova Scotia had come in from hunting. He had a quarter of deer. He had traveled 20 miles with this deer upon his back. The remainder of the deer he had left hung up in the woods. He saw six elk but did not try to shoot them as he knew he could not carry them out. He gave us a small piece of the meat, which we made into broth. Willie shot a duck which came in a time of need, for our supplies were rapidly diminishing.--Manuscript 11, 1873.

Ellen G. White Estate Washington, D.C. April 11, 1985 {14MR 353.1}

On another forum people are talking about whether the duck is a clean or unclean creature, so they ate duck and deer. Would any of you eat meat in this situation? Or would you injure your body, which by the way would be violating the health laws, which is like breaking one of the 10 commandments.
A paradox don't you think, at least for those who believe eating meat is a sin?

Quote:

ONCE WHEN ELLEN WHITE WAS ILL, HER SON, W. C. WHITE, REPORTS THAT SHE WAS ENCOURAGED TO DRINK A LITTLE OYSTER BROTH TO SETTLE HER STOMACH. SHE IS SAID TO HAVE TRIED A SPOONFUL OR TWO, BUT THEN REFUSED THE REST. THERE IS HOWEVER, EVIDENCE THAT AT ONE POINT IN HER LIFE MRS. WHITE MOST LIKELY ATE SOME OYSTERS. IN 1882, WHEN SHE WAS LIVING AT HEALDSBURG, CALIFORNIA, SHE WROTE A LETTER TO HER DAUGHTER-IN-LAW, MARY KELSEY WHITE, IN OAKLAND, IN WHICH SHE MADE THE FOLLOWING REQUEST: "Mary, if you can get me a good box of herrings, fresh ones, please do so. These last ones that Willie got are bitter and old. If you can buy cans, say, half a dozen cans, of good tomatoes, please do so. We shall need them. If you can get a few cans of good oysters, get them." {MR852 2.3}

ELLEN WHITE KEPT IT NO SECRET THAT UNDER DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES, AS WHEN SHE TRAVELED OR WHEN SHE WAS ENTERTAINED IN HER TRAVELS, SHE ATE SOME MEAT. THE BOOK, COUNSELS ON DIET AND FOODS, PUBLISHED IN 1938, CARRIES HER ACCOUNT OF HER RELATION TO THE USE OF MEAT AFTER THE HEALTH REFORM VISION WAS GIVEN TO HER AS FOLLOWS: "I at once cut meat out of my bill of fare. After that I was at times placed where I was compelled to eat a little meat." THIS IS IN HARMONY WITH HER EARLIER PUBLISHED STATEMENT WHICH APPEARED IN 1890 IN THE BOOK, CHRISTIAN TEMPERANCE AND BIBLE HYGIENE, READING, "When I could not obtain the food I needed, I have sometimes eaten a little meat; but I am becoming more and more afraid of it." {MR852 2.4}

BUT BEYOND THIS THERE IS EVIDENCE OF SOME LAXNESS IN THE 1870'S AND 1880'S WHICH ALLOWED A LITTLE MEAT TO APPEAR ON HER TABLE WHEN IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ESSENTIAL. GIVEN THE DIFFICULTIES OF REFRIGERATING AND TRANSPORTING FOOD IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY, IT WAS A MUCH GREATER PROBLEM THEN TO GAIN AN ADEQUATE DIET WITHOUT USING FLESH FOODS. IN THE EARLY 1890'S MRS. WHITE EXPRESSED HER DISTASTE FOR MEAT WHILE EN ROUTE TO AUSTRALIA. SHE WROTE: "They have an abundance of food in the meat line, prepared in different ways; but as I do not enjoy a meat diet, it leaves me rather meager fare." {MR852 2.5}

We all know oysters are not clean.

How do you respond to the obvious consumption of flesh done by Sister White when she was alive?

It's not like its a lie, or to be hidden, but what do you tell people, while telling them that eating meat is a sin.

We have 2 instances where God used people while living in sin?! MM is going to fall out of his rocking chair on this one.
Any thoughts? We can lay to rest any attempts at making the above information at Daniel & Ellen White's meat eating to be fabricated or anything else..So please do indulgeus, at least me.
I am always willing to learn,but not at the cost of Fear Uncertainty and Doubt imposed by the presenters.

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: gordonb1] #86563
03/18/07 12:47 AM
03/18/07 12:47 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Glad you aren't referring to me Gordon, cause I don't eat meat.
Oh by the way are you aware that Hitler was a vegetarian?
WIll

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: gordonb1] #86564
03/18/07 12:56 AM
03/18/07 12:56 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Gordon,
Adam and Eve lost paradise through disobedience. You missed the whole point, of why we are in this mess to begin with, it wasn't because they ate something. It was because they disobeyed God.
Will

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86565
03/18/07 12:59 AM
03/18/07 12:59 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings,

This evening, I am not sure what to say to some of you..., except that I presented the Bible Study according to the scriptures that I know. And my heart aches when so many call themselves Adventists and do not accept our prophet's testimony for what the Lord wants.

The joy of the Lord is for us as a people to be prepared to live in heaven today. To be examples of the believer.

With regards to comparing the Passover lamb and lusting...My heart sinks yet more:(.

"So is every unhealthy activity a sin?" All that I can say is that God teaches us to know as His people what is right and what is wrong. That in order for us to know right from wrong, we have to study, pray and ask for the Holy Spirit to teach us all truth, and this must be done with a contrite heart. For the heart that is unwilling to be broken on the Rock, just will not be broken. It must not be me calling sin sin, it will have to be us opening up our Bibles and search, search, comparing and searching and praying for the Holy Spirit to convict your heart. What is conviction? It is being planted in the foundation of Christ and that Rock cannot be moved.

This I do believe, that God provided people food in the wilderness and while they were without understanding of His commands, He provided their request. But afterward when they learned what God wanted them to do and how to live; so when they asked for flesh with education our Lord called it lust. Whether or not you choose to believe what happened in the recorded Holy Scriptures, you will have to pray, study and ask for the Holy Spirit.

Please understand I am not seeking for you to change your minds, but I was asked to share and I did.

The purpose of this study was share, and for each of you to pray, study and ask for the Holy Spirit.

With Christian Love,
Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri

"Why is it so hard to lead a self-denying, humble life? Because professed Christians are not dead to the world. It is easy living after we are dead." 1T 131.2
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86566
03/18/07 01:16 AM
03/18/07 01:16 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
No one here is denying what Ellen White wrote Cheri. Who is denying it.
How do you respond to others the quotes I found at the white estate website where Ellen White ate meat?
Its obvious its not healthy for you to be eating it today, so I want to know your thoughts on this, or are you not able or willing to answer questions asked, after all that does happen in a Bible study.
It may serve to keep your sword sharp.
WIll

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Will] #86567
03/18/07 02:20 AM
03/18/07 02:20 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The unfolding of truth is progressive, therefore, it may be important to look at the timeline in relation to those quotes.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Daryl] #86568
03/18/07 04:19 AM
03/18/07 04:19 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
She was 46 years old when she ate duck and deer, 52 when she ate oysters which is an unclean thing, and that is around 3,500 years old since God said that.
Its a fact.
 Quote:

Leviticus 11:9-12

9These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

An oyster falls into that category.

Anyways you all know very well exactly what I am saying. Now what do you do with the above.
Where do you go from there.
How do you respond to someone who shows you this truth, which it is.
God Bless,
Will

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86569
03/18/07 05:12 AM
03/18/07 05:12 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Cheri

Thanks for sharing your scripture study on vegetarianism.

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Will] #86570
03/18/07 05:27 AM
03/18/07 05:27 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
 Originally Posted By: Will
Also keep in mind that God used Daniel extensively, and this man ate and drank wine. Or was it not flesh food he ate? Again God is not a God of confusion.
The real health message is to be healthy, so we can go and tell others about Christ's soon return, not "Eat only broccoli so you can go to heaven". We cannot do that if we are always getting sick, which by the way getting sick is not a sin, its a result of sin in the world. Something to think about.
WIll

Will, I don't recall reading any where that Daniel ate flesh or drank wine. Could you give a text for your statement?

Quote:
Daniel 1:8 (King James Version)

8But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Daniel 1:12 (King James Version)

12Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86571
03/18/07 05:51 AM
03/18/07 05:51 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Cheri, here are a few words form Minsitry of Healing that I think go along with your study.

Quote:
The diet appointed man in the beginning did not include animal food. Not till after the Flood, when every green thing on the earth had been destroyed, did man receive permission to eat flesh. {MH 311.1}

In choosing man's food in Eden, the Lord showed what was the best diet; in the choice made for Israel He taught the same lesson. He brought the Israelites out of Egypt and undertook their training, that they might be a people for His own possession. Through them He desired to bless and teach the world. He provided them with the food best adapted for this purpose, not flesh, but manna, "the bread of heaven." It was only because of their discontent and their murmuring for the fleshpots of Egypt that animal food was granted them, and this only for a short time. Its use brought disease and death to thousands. Yet the restriction to a nonflesh diet was never heartily accepted. It continued to be the cause of discontent and murmuring, open or secret, and it was not made permanent. {MH 311.2}

Upon their settlement in Canaan, the Israelites were permitted the use of animal food, but under careful restriction which tended to lessen the evil results. The use of swine's flesh was prohibited, as also of other animals and of birds and fish whose flesh was pronounced unclean. Of the meats permitted, the eating of the fat and the blood was strictly forbidden. {MH 311.3}

Only such animals could be used for food as were in good condition. No creature that was torn, that had died of itself, or from which the blood had not been carefully drained, could be used as food. {MH 312.1}

By departing from the plan divinely appointed for their diet, the Israelites suffered great loss. They desired a flesh diet, and they reaped its results. They did not reach God's ideal of character or fulfill His purpose. The Lord "gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." Psalm 106:15. They valued the earthly above the spiritual, and the sacred pre-eminence which was His purpose for them they did not
attain. {MH 312.2}

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!