HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,612
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: crater] #86713
03/20/07 10:01 PM
03/20/07 10:01 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
If EGW says one thing and the Bible says another, then according to EGW, we should harmonize her writings with the Bible, rather than the Bible to her writings, therefore, I would say there is more research to be done.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: crater] #86718
03/20/07 11:04 PM
03/20/07 11:04 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Crater,

I stopped eating meat in '92 due to food poisoning.. That was enough for me.
When I visit family on my wifes side who are fishermen, all they can really offer is fish (clean fish mind you, scales and fins, deep waters), so I eat it, and enjoy every minute I spend with them during the holidays for dinner.
I'm not going to cower in a corner and lie and say that I wont eat it. If that offends someone, then don't watch. Easy isn't it.
That's my approach, pray, think, and make it happen. It's a done deal for me.
God Bless,
Will

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: crater] #86720
03/20/07 11:11 PM
03/20/07 11:11 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Crater,
You said:
 Quote:

Isn’t it your own personal allergies that have added to expense of "your vegetarian diet"?

No its not, why would buying less of food be more expensive. If I could eat everything I would be buying up all sorts of things considered vegetarian, and my bill would increase dramatically.

I have certain items I buy, and have to take care of myself, or did the quote from 3 John 1:2 escape the minds of others? It doesn't mean "Stop eating meat", which by the way genetically modified rice with human genes is coming to a store near you.
Now what do you do? Again.. Be smart, use your head, think about what you are going to buy, start learning etc etc..
Migratory birds are getting sick and dying due to the avian flu, these birds eat seeds, some may eat fish such as geese not sure, but they are dropping like flies. Want to know why? It's the environment, the pollution is stressing them out causing their immune systems to become weak.
Creatures God made, that have a plant based diet with the antibodies to resist all sorts of things have become compromised due to pollution.
This is the future of things to come.
No spinning necessary, the surreal world is here.
God Bless,
Will

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Will] #86726
03/21/07 12:38 AM
03/21/07 12:38 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Daryl,

Yes, how important it is that we search the scriptures, for our Lord does say in them we think that we have eternal life! And we are told to search diligently. And that is exactly what the inspired words of Mrs. White do for my soul, inspires it to dig deeper and to pray more and more. I hope you enjoy your search Daryl.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri

"Why is it so hard to lead a self-denying, humble life? Because professed Christians are not dead to the world. It is easy living after we are dead." 1T 131.2
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86727
03/21/07 12:40 AM
03/21/07 12:40 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Will,

It is delightful to read that you are trusting in the scriptures, for this is very important.

Cheri

"Why is it so hard to lead a self-denying, humble life? Because professed Christians are not dead to the world. It is easy living after we are dead." 1T 131.2
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Daryl] #86732
03/21/07 08:44 AM
03/21/07 08:44 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
 Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
If EGW says one thing and the Bible says another, then according to EGW, we should harmonize her writings with the Bible, rather than the Bible to her writings, therefore, I would say there is more research to be done.

Mornin Daryl,
I'm not sure how long you have been an Adventist, but I've been one all my life. In your studies throughout your life, when there has been an apparent contradiction between the Bible and the SOP, as you look back, when you finally got the contradiction resolved, which one, the Bible or the SOP, did you find you were misunderstanding?

For me, I have to say, in all my 40+ years, it has NEVER been the SOP. In all the "apparent" contradictions, it was the Bible that I was misunderstanding.

So, for me, I've learned that when I read an apparent contradiction, (after all, they are Authored by the same Spirit) it is the Bible I'm misunderstanding.

It isn't safe to safe to say "Well, the Bible says it in black & white." It also says in "black & white" lots of other things, like -

Speaking about the feasts: This [is an ordinance] for ever to Israel. 2 Chronicles 2:4.

So, should we be keeping the feast days still, as it is in "black & white" that it says "forever"?

And many other things are in "black & white"...that don't necessarily mean what they appear to say. That is one of the reasons God has given us the SOP, so that we can come into put all the pieces of the puzzle together and have a beauiful harmony.

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Tammy Roesch] #86735
03/21/07 09:26 AM
03/21/07 09:26 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Tammy,
Do you have a problem with what Daryl wrote? What do you find so offensive that would cause you to deny the Bible,and call Daryl's faith into question.
 Quote:

I'm not sure how long you have been an Adventist, but I've been one all my life. In your studies throughout your life, when there has been an apparent contradiction between the Bible and the SOP, as you look back, when you finally got the contradiction resolved, which one, the Bible or the SOP, did you find you were misunderstanding?

The topic has gone sour with that comment Tammy. I'll revisit it when I wake up, unfortunately I know exactly where this is going., so please spare the database and don't go into questioning people's faith by making them believe exactly how you believe etc etc.. no one does, I don't believe exactly as you believe, and vice versa. We're not cloned, programmed robots. Just put it to rest.
God Bless,
Will

Last edited by Will; 03/21/07 09:30 AM.
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Will] #86736
03/21/07 09:42 AM
03/21/07 09:42 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
No Will, I understand what Daryl is saying, and I am pretty sure that Daryl & I are on the same page, concerning the SOP. I don't understand why you think anything has gone "sour".

Have a good rest....

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Tammy Roesch] #86737
03/21/07 10:27 AM
03/21/07 10:27 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Good morning Tammy,

Also, I believe that the Spirit of Prophect and the Holy Scriptures are from the same Spirit too. And that as they are both sent from God have to harmonize.

Cheri

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86742
03/21/07 11:38 AM
03/21/07 11:38 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Will,
 Quote:
The topic has gone sour with that comment Tammy. I'll revisit it when I wake up, unfortunately I know exactly where this is going., so please spare the database and don't go into questioning people's faith by making them believe exactly how you believe etc etc.. no one does, I don't believe exactly as you believe, and vice versa. We're not cloned, programmed robots. Just put it to rest.
There are a few concerns I have with your statement, but first would encourage you to consider the following verses:

• Galatians 3:7 "Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham."
  • Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place."
  • Romans 12:16 "Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits."
  • 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
According the the Scriptures we are to be working towards unity in Christ Jesus when we call ourselves His. You may find it rather interesting to know that even the scriptures contradict themselves, but through the grace of God by the power of His Holy Spirit we may discern that they are not contradictions at all.

The additional concerns would be the tone in which you have set your statements. So I will not say further but give to you the following to consider:
  • Romans 12:10 "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"
Cheri

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!