HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Most Important Question? #9288
05/21/02 01:34 AM
05/21/02 01:34 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
James said....."that He doesn't ask you to do anything from you except to believe Him and have faith in Him?"

The Scripture references were addressing his statement. There are conditions to all God's promises....."If you love me.......then do..."

Salvation is a free gift, but the fruit of faith is obedience that works by love.

Re: The Most Important Question? #9289
05/21/02 04:20 AM
05/21/02 04:20 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene Van Hook:
James said....."that He doesn't ask you to do anything from you except to believe Him and have faith in Him?"

The Scripture references were addressing his statement. There are conditions to all God's promises....."If you love me.......then do..."

Salvation is a free gift, but the fruit of faith is obedience that works by love.

Charlene

Properly understood, Jo. 14:15 means "If you love Me, you will be able to.." Jesus is not in the business of arbitrarily ordering us around. Our obedience does not procure the promise. It is the result of the promise. "All His biddings, are enablings." Other Scripture and SOP make this plain.

But, whatever the case; you still have not shown how your quotes above relate to "The Greatest Question In The World."

What do you say this question should be?

Re: The Most Important Question? #9290
05/21/02 01:48 PM
05/21/02 01:48 PM
North Carolina, USA
Then maybe, David, the question should be, How may I be saved?

Jesus is in the business of telling how to live so we may be saved and spend eternity with Him. He spent a lifetime showing and teaching us How to be saved.

The word OBEY takes a bad wrap from our folks these days, but never the less it seems to play a great part in the "how to be saved" list. Satan found this out when he played his war games in heaven.

It is a given that salvation is not in our power but the power of Grace through Jesus Christ and our cooperation. Yes, "all His biddings are enablings" IF we claim the promise with a heart filled with love for our Redeemer/Savour.

His enabling power is given IF the conditions are met. This is not arbitrary.....This is the law of Liberty...we have a free choice.....We are not going to slide into heaven because we want to be there, in fact if we want to be there we will study to find out How to be there, And we are told.....
Rev 22:14 "Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love"? "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

This Day with God--His Grace Is Sufficient- 167

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Phil. 2:12, 13.
" Every one of us has a work to do in our own salvation, which is to meet every requirement of God. God does not do anything independent of the agency of him for whom the work is to be
done. His grace is sufficient to work in and with them that are His, in the fulfillment of every promise, while the one for whom this grace is supplied is to obey every command."
-
Most important question?...Lord, I love you, How may I be saved?

The answer is above.

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: Charlene Van Hook ]

Re: The Most Important Question? #9291
05/21/02 02:42 PM
05/21/02 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Quote by Charlene

"The word OBEY takes a bad wrap from our folks these days, but never the less it seems to play a great part in the "how to be saved" list. Satan found this out when he played his war games in heaven. "

Charlene

This thread is not trying to determine how we get saved.

It was simply a case of people saying what they think the world's most important question is, and backing that up with Scripture.

No one in this thread has given obey a bad rap. Some of your comments seem quite out of place.

Re: The Most Important Question? #9292
05/21/02 04:42 PM
05/21/02 04:42 PM
North Carolina, USA
I beg to differ with you David,

When someone says:

Quote:
What is the most important question in the whole world?
Answer: Do you know that Christ has saved you and that He is the One that guard you and maintain your safety till you enter the gate of heaven, that He doesn't ask you to do anything from you except to believe Him and have faith in Him?

In His love

James S.

[end of quote]
When someone points out that "He doesn't ask you to do anything" and all that is needed to be saved is to "believe and have faith" this needs to be addressed. Belief and Faith is necessary but it takes more than that to be saved. Jesus does ask us to do something, as stated above in my posts.

This falshood needed to be addressed. and that is what i did. Jesus also asked you to sell all that you have and give it to the poor....He also asks us to take up our cross and follow Him. He asks to become a living sacrifice....on and on...and this is just because of the love for Jesus in our hearts manifested by these fruits. But the fruits are required.

When the Elijah/John message was given.....what was the important question then? "What must i do to be saved?" I guess we can't improve on that.
But we must have the answer to that all important question right. Bible and SOP does that in my posts above.

Re: The Most Important Question? #9293
05/21/02 07:36 PM
05/21/02 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Charlene

I see it differently, that's for sure. What I am thinking tho, is quite simple.

Each thread here, as on any forum, has a specific title, with a specific purpose.

I am trying to politely state here, that if you look at the title of this thread, you will find no mandate within that title, to "address falsehood." That was not my intent for starting this thread.

This has been intended only as a general survey of what people would answer, for the question I had asked. If you feel that someone stated something not right; I am simply saying this may not be the thread to do it in.

We do not need to march into every topic and set people straight, especially when the goal of the topic, was not intended to set forth, any specific theology or doctrine. This is why I must still conclude that your comments re "obedience," are out of place in this topic.

What brother James said above, does not indicate what you have said. Have you followed Mat. 18 with brother James on this matter, before bringing it up publicly like this?

PR.1903-01-29.002
"God has not given His ministers the work of setting the churches right. No sooner is this work done, apparently, than it has to be done over again. Church-members that are thus looked after and labored for become religious weaklings. If nine-tenths of the effort that has been put forth for those who know the truth had been put forth for those who have never heard the truth, how much greater would have been the advancement made! God has withheld His blessings because His people have not worked in harmony with His directions."

This would also apply to the internet church as well.

Please forgive me here; but I wish we could just stick to the intended topic.

Re: The Most Important Question? #9294
05/22/02 04:49 PM
05/22/02 04:49 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
The most important question in the world is: What must I do to have eternal life with Jesus?

Luke 10:25
And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Re: The Most Important Question? #9295
05/22/02 04:56 PM
05/22/02 04:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
David, my first response on this post provided an answer to the question on this thread. But you suggested there was an even more important question we need to ask. I've been scratching my head trying to come up with a different answer - but alas I'm only going bald. Do you have any thoughts on this one?

Re: The Most Important Question? #9296
05/22/02 05:04 PM
05/22/02 05:04 PM
North Carolina, USA
David,
What part of this sentence do you see differently than i do...accoring to my posts above?

"that He doesn't ask you to do anything from you except to believe Him and have faith in Him?"

just curious.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!