HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Shades of Gray...or clear as a Night and Day...? [Re: Mountain Man] #95581
02/11/08 05:00 PM
02/11/08 05:00 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Gray areas are what people use to justify what they already want to do. Now if you are talking about not doing things that might indirectly or inadvertantly harm or hurt your brother/sister, you avoid those out of love for them, your love gives you clarity in these matters but they are not a commandment as Pauls says....

2 Corinthians 8:8
I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

Re: Shades of Gray...or clear as a Night and Day...? [Re: Rick H] #95582
02/11/08 05:08 PM
02/11/08 05:08 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes. But can you think of any gray areas? What would you consider a gray area? That is, something that circumstances allow which wouldn't be right otherwise.

Re: Shades of Gray...or clear as a Night and Day...? [Re: Mountain Man] #95587
02/11/08 06:23 PM
02/11/08 06:23 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
When we were small and away from home, I dont remember if my father was preaching in the small Adventist church in town or not, but after church, my mother told us that we were eating at a restuarant on Sabbath as a necessity and we must always remember that. It wasnt until later that it dawn on me that no one from the church had asked us to come over for Sabbath lunch and we had nothing at the hotel, so thus we paid for food and ate out. It may have been because no one thought to ask, or it may have been because no one wanted to welcome those of another race (hispanic) from most of the members in the church. But one thing was clear, we were blameless before God as it never occurred to my parents that no one would invite us to break bread at a Adventist church, maybe they were a bit naive, but it had never happen before.

Did we sin, no, were others guilty of prejudice, could be. Was it a gray area for their part, could be, but it wasnt for my mother, she knew we had to eat. But we never said a word of rebuke to the church or its members or even mentioned it when we got back to our own church, as they may have been guiltless, thinking someone had already invited us. We let it go as it was not clear that they meant to do wrong. Sometimes people make mistakes without meaning to, or say or do things to another that are meant well but come out wrong, or you cant be clear on what there purpose was, that is what I consider a gray area.

For these 'gray areas' we must be merciful as God is merciful with us, extend grace where grace is needed, forgive where we would want forgiveness, and always love first and foremost as Christ has loved us....

Last edited by Richard; 02/11/08 07:21 PM.
Re: Shades of Gray...or clear as a Night and Day...? [Re: Rick H] #95616
02/13/08 06:43 PM
02/13/08 06:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, that's the kind of thing I would consider a gray area. Circumstances allow us to do things that would otherwise be a sin. I'm sure your parents would have opted to fast, but when children are involved it is better to buy food than to fast.

I put the Lord to the test on a certain Sabbath day a few years ago. I preached a message at one church and this man implored me to preach it at another church several miles away. My gas tank was on empty, and I considered buying fuel, but decided to let God work it out. I could have easily justified buying the fuel.

Sure enough, the car went further than it should have. In fact, the gauge stayed in the same spot. I knew the car very well, and knew it was a miracle. As it turns out, when I told the story at the church, it was what this one family needed to hear.

They were struggling with whether or not eating out on the Sabbath, when it wasn't necessary, was right or wrong. They decided it was wrong based on my sermon and testimony. The Lord used my situation to bless that family.

Re: Shades of Gray...or clear as a Night and Day...? [Re: Mountain Man] #95673
02/15/08 07:43 AM
02/15/08 07:43 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
All truth is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit, so there is no gray areas as Peter found out, God lights the way and shows us his will and purpose......

Peter's Vision
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

16This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon's house was and stopped at the gate. 18They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

19While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three[a] men are looking for you. 20So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."

21Peter went down and said to the men, "I'm the one you're looking for. Why have you come?"

22The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."23Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

Peter at Cornelius' House
The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa went along. 24The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."
27Talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. 28He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. 29So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection......

Acts 10:9-29

Last edited by Richard; 02/15/08 11:29 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!