HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication, Kevin H), 3,282 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96555
03/09/08 12:04 AM
03/09/08 12:04 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:
At this point I don't see much evidence for it, no. The cleansing was from the defiling of the little horn.

Thanks, tall. You've mentioned the sanctuary animals a couple of times in different posts. That makes me curious. Are you familiar with John Peter's paper on the daily?

Actually no! Where can I find it?

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96556
03/09/08 12:06 AM
03/09/08 12:06 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:
B. Why would it be a problem for a 2000 year gap or a 2000 year fulfillment? You already have a 150 year day of atonement as it is.

It's very easy to explain the 150 year gap. What would the explanation of a 2000 year gap be?

That Jesus is waiting till His enemies are made His footstool in order to come out to complete the process.

What is the explanation for the 150?

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #96559
03/09/08 12:11 AM
03/09/08 12:11 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela

It’s interesting to note, Thomas, that in Revelation instruments of service of both compartments in the earthly sanctuary are seen by the prophet as having their counterpart in the sanctuary above. What would this mean? A question to ponder.

In the scene in chapters 4 and 5 we see not only the lamps but a sea of glass which seems to indicate the laver, which was not in the holy place but in the courtyard.

There may even be imagery from all three sections if the ark is taken to be the throne as these texts might suggest:

Exo 25:21 And you shall put the mercy seat on the top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you. 22 There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.

Lev 16:2 and the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron your brother not to come at any time into the Holy Place inside the veil, before the mercy seat that is on the ark, so that he may not die. For I will appear in the cloud over the mercy seat.

Num 7:89 And when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with the LORD, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim; and it spoke to him.

Last edited by tall73; 03/09/08 12:12 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #96561
03/09/08 12:18 AM
03/09/08 12:18 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Points on which I differ with you:
1- You see no problem with Atonement occurring before Pentecost, although God could simply have placed the Day of Atonement before the feast of Pentecost if this was the order in which their respective fulfillments would occur in the future.

I don't nail down the portion dealing with the scapegoat, and I think aspects of the final judgment relate to the day of atonement. But if Hebrews says that Jesus entered into God's presence, in comparison to the earthly high priest's entry, then I think that part of the type is fulfilled historically at that time. Just as the sacrifice is fulfilled for all services at one time.

Quote:

2- You see no problem in altering the pattern of fulfillment of the OT types in the NT, although what I see is that Christ waited 10 days after His ascension to fulfill Pentecost. This fact 1) is a concrete evidence that He is concerned with the order and timing of the feasts; and 2) refutes your contention that everything was fulfilled together at the moment Christ ascended.

I did not say ALL is fulfilled together. But every sacrifice was, and every entry was, which fulfilled the blood rite in God's presence. The rest of the elements do seem to play out in their timing. Nor have I made any suggestion that I know what the scapegoat portion was. And I think I also mentioned that I don't know what the tabernacles was, though I would imagine it would relate to the end and our rejoicing in heaven.

Quote:

3- You see no problem in a 2000-year gap between the fulfillment of the first part of the type and the second.

4- You now see no problem with a 2000-year fulfillment, although in your previous post you were finding fault with a 150-year fulfillment.

True. Because the type is not fulfilled in every particular. It is the shadow, not the reality. If you disagree then you must explain the difference in priesthoods, etc.

What I object to is that you insist that some are fulfilled on one day and others in long periods. And you also insist on adherence to the type.

I don't postulate strict adherence to the type because I already see exceptions to that rule in Hebrews itself. I do see that the type generally taught a lesson.

Now I would also have no problem with a 150 year fulfillment of the type if that is what the text indicated. But I don't see that the text does indicate that. I see a day of atonement entry fulfilled at the ascension. And I don't see day of atonement allusions in Daniel 8.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #96564
03/09/08 01:02 AM
03/09/08 01:02 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As long as this discussion remains as respectful as it has been to this point, I don't see any need in holding back anything.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #96566
03/09/08 01:04 AM
03/09/08 01:04 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Also, I personally feel that each forum has its own uniqueness, therefore, I hope this discussion also continues here.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #96567
03/09/08 01:08 AM
03/09/08 01:08 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
I do agree each has its own flavor. It just becomes difficult to keep up all the conversations. I also think we might learn more if folks all got together.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #96568
03/09/08 01:10 AM
03/09/08 01:10 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
At this point I don't see much evidence for it, no. The cleansing was from the defiling of the little horn.

Thanks, tall. You've mentioned the sanctuary animals a couple of times in different posts. That makes me curious. Are you familiar with John Peter's paper on the daily?

Actually no! Where can I find it?

I was asking because his whole thesis is based on the animals involved being sanctuary animals. You could try calling (269)473-1888. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll see if I can find some other way, but I think the chances are pretty good you can get the paper by calling this number.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96569
03/09/08 01:13 AM
03/09/08 01:13 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
That Jesus is waiting till His enemies are made His footstool in order to come out to complete the process.

What is the explanation for the 150?

God's people have not given the message which prepares for the coming of Christ to the world.

In your answer, what is Jesus waiting for? I know you wrote till His enemies are made His footstool, but what does this mean to you? And what has to happen until this becomes the case?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96570
03/09/08 01:18 AM
03/09/08 01:18 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
but a sea of glass which seems to indicate the laver

Excellent insight! That's exactly what the laver represents. Waters in Scripture represent evil. When Israel walked through the Red Sea, they were symbolically defeating evil, which experience the laver reminded them of. Standing on the sea of glass also represents vanquishing evil, and is pointed to by the laver. One last thing I'll mention in correspondence to the laver is that it represents the resurrection as well (being located after the alter, which represents the cross), which is the true vanquishing of evil upon which all other victories rest.

Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!