HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #97495
03/30/08 04:56 PM
03/30/08 04:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
(Tall)Yet what we have is a corporate one-time sacrifice that even covers later sins. And in the same way the sins are said in Hebrews to be purged. It was a corporate cleansing. And it extends to all the sins throughout human history, which is what the year is indicative of in the type--just as the sacrifice does.

How I understand the cleansing of the sanctuary is that the books in heaven reflect the reality that is happening below. So as believers, in the time of the end, are being cleansed from sin, the books of heaven reflect that reality.

I understand, from what you are writing, that you view the cleansing of the sanctuary as a even which has already been completed, having been completed when Christ ascended and entered into heaven. However, I'm guessing that you would agree that Christ's work as a High Priest continues as long as there are sins being confessed (please correct me on this point, if you disagree).

So Christ has completed the work which corresponds to the Day of Atonement, the yearly service, but His work which corresponds to the daily service continues. Is that correct?

Also, can Christ come at any time, without there being any connection to a cleansing of God's people? (by "God's people" I mean those who have accepted Christ and long for His coming).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: vastergotland] #97505
03/31/08 12:39 AM
03/31/08 12:39 AM
D
djconklin  Offline
S. St. Paul, MN
 Quote:
That is your prophet's claim and up to you to show.

_I_ do NOT have a prophet. EGW did not call herself a prophet and neither should anyone else.

Quote:
I have already quoted one minister who seemed quite sincere and seemed to love Jesus who referenced the definite time in 1840.

I think you meant 1840's.

The key word is "seemed."

Quote:
But in the final analysis they were right. The time set was wrong.

Yes and no. The time was right, the event was wrong.

Quote:
And rather than accepting that rebuke Ellen blamed God and said He was behind the time, using it as a test to judge all those who were right when she and her group were wrong.

The conclusion is false.
===
 Quote:
 Quote:
hroughout Scripture, there has always been a denominated, or visible, body of Christ, and an invisible one. The true descendants of Abraham (true Jews, one could say) were the ones who accepted Christ, even if they were Gentiles. The purpose God had in mind for the Jewish nation, a denominated body, was to give a message to the world to prepare the way for the coming Messiah.

Similarly, the SDA church is a denominated body, with a given purpose to likewise give a message.

That is the theory. The truth? Not in the same ball court.

History has already shown otherwise.

David J. Conklin

When the critics have been proven to be so wrong, on so many points, and some are quite simple, why should we listen to them on anything?
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: djconklin] #97506
03/31/08 12:47 AM
03/31/08 12:47 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: djconklin
 Quote:
That is your prophet's claim and up to you to show.

_I_ do NOT have a prophet. EGW did not call herself a prophet and neither should anyone else.

Semantics. Let's look at what she said:

Why have I not claimed to be a prophet?--Because in these days many who boldly claim that they are prophets are a reproach to the cause of Christ; and because my work includes much more than the word "prophet" signifies. {1SM 32.4}

She explains why she did not take the title prophet because it had taken on bad connotations due to other recent prophets and that her work includes MUCH MORE than the word 'prophet' signifies.

Ie. her work included more than that of a prophets and she didn't take the title due to controversy.

Note also that she had no issue with others who called her a prophet.

To claim to be a prophetess is something that I have never done. If others call me by that name, I have no controversy with them.
{1SM 34.5}

And indeed many people do refer to her with the common designation of prophet.

Now whether you personally hold her to be inspired I can't say . Perhaps you don't.

But if you do consider her inspired and prefer the semantics game just insert "messenger of the Lord".

So...it is your supposed "messenger of the Lord's" claim, it is up to you to show it.

Last edited by tall73; 03/31/08 01:07 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: djconklin] #97507
03/31/08 12:55 AM
03/31/08 12:55 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO

I think you meant 1840's.

No, I meant 1840 when his book was published.

Quote:

The key word is "seemed."

Up to you to prove otherwise since he made an appeal for winning souls, etc.

Is your position that EVERY minister who objected based on the Scripture was false? And that Ellen and Miller who went against the Scriptures and who's message failed were true?

Quote:

Quote:
But in the final analysis they were right. The time set was wrong.

Yes and no. The time was right, the event was wrong.

Even Adventist don't claim anything happened in 1843, and Ellen said God was behind the preaching of that time.

But of course the bigger issue was that the ministers rejected it precisely because of the event--the timing of that particular event is not known. Hence the time and the message were one package. Miller's message was that Jesus was coming in 1843. That was a false, time-setting message.

Quote:

Quote:
And rather than accepting that rebuke Ellen blamed God and said He was behind the time, using it as a test to judge all those who were right when she and her group were wrong.

The conclusion is false.

What conclusion is false?

Did or did not Ellen and Miller preach the time of Jesus coming? Yes. Was that said to be unknown. Yes.

Did Jesus come in 1843 or 1844? No.

If you wish to prove that wrong you need to show why.

The other quote was apparently for someone else, so I will let them address it.

Last edited by tall73; 03/31/08 12:56 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97520
03/31/08 08:27 AM
03/31/08 08:27 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
After some thought on the issue I think at this point it is time for me to stop discussing this here. I had intended to before, but decided to get in a bit more discussion, which was probably a mistake. It has been a good conversation and kind throughout. Thank you all and may God bless you.

Last edited by tall73; 03/31/08 08:30 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: djconklin] #97521
03/31/08 08:30 AM
03/31/08 08:30 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden

Quote:
 Quote:
Throughout Scripture, there has always been a denominated, or visible, body of Christ, and an invisible one. The true descendants of Abraham (true Jews, one could say) were the ones who accepted Christ, even if they were Gentiles. The purpose God had in mind for the Jewish nation, a denominated body, was to give a message to the world to prepare the way for the coming Messiah.

Similarly, the SDA church is a denominated body, with a given purpose to likewise give a message.

That is the theory. The truth? Not in the same ball court.

History has already shown otherwise.
History has shown that SDA rather than christianity as a whole is Gods organised body on earth? You have to do more than merely state it for there to be any weight to your words.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: vastergotland] #97530
03/31/08 02:58 PM
03/31/08 02:58 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I'm not sure who you're addressing, but there's two different people involved here. I wrote the original thing you have commented, and someone else, David I think, made the comment about history. So you'd have to address him as to why he made the comment he did.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #97533
03/31/08 03:07 PM
03/31/08 03:07 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
I'm not sure who you're addressing, but there's two different people involved here. I wrote the original thing you have commented, and someone else, David I think, made the comment about history. So you'd have to address him as to why he made the comment he did.
Didn't I? But if you also want to reply, I wouldn't want to stop you.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: vastergotland] #97541
03/31/08 04:38 PM
03/31/08 04:38 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
No, you didn't. You wrote, "You have to do more than merely state it for there to be any weight to your words" which implies the same person making the comment wrote the words upon which weight was attempting to be added.

Not a big deal. I was just letting you know there were two people involved in what you were quoting, rather than just one, because you comment indicated you weren't aware of that.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #97545
03/31/08 04:47 PM
03/31/08 04:47 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I have usually regarded a quote to be directed towards the name on the last quotebox.
When posts are made with a depth of quotes attached, those older quotes are part of the context to which the reply is made. Mr Conklin wrote that history has shown. Shown what? The only reasonable reply is that history has shown your post which is the first in the list. Therefore, since Mr Conklin is basically supporting you, it is reasonable for either of the two of you to reply to my question. I thought this was the obvious way to read post history.

Galatians 2

Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!